Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New to Forums Need a Little Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forums Need a Little Advice

Hi guys. I just joined this forum after seeing a lot of the insight posted on here. I figured it would be a good idea to get good information from some other Yamaha enthusiasts.

Anyway I have a few questions:
1. I just started riding my 2000 Warrior again recently. After sitting for a while the carb had gummed up. I drained the bowl and tank but after riding a while decided I couldn't get away without cleaning the carb. After I cleaned it the bike doesn't bog with full throttle anymore but it won't idle without having the choke slightly pulled out any ideas. (If you think it is the idle jet what is the easiest way to clean it.)

2. I live in KY and need some new tires what would be some good all around tires for basically all conditions. I climb hills a lot (and have bear claws on the rear now which I really hate) so I need something that will hook up well and last well because I do have to ride a decent amount of pavement.

3. My exhaust gets really hot on my leg and was wondering how you all felt about header wrap.

Sorry for the length but any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

any mods done to the warrior? the fuel screw might need to be properly adjusted, good all around tires for warriors imo, are Kenda Klaws Maxxis Razrs and ITP Holeshots.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Trailblazer

Only mods are it's bored .20 over after new top end. If you are talking about the pilot air screw or whatever it's called i have it 2 turns out. I was looking into getting regular holeshots 20x11x9, any suggestions where to get tires cheap. Thanks

Old 05-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I would bet it is your pilot jet that is plugged so it can't idle and not a lot to do with the screw on the outside. As far as tires you have to run what you feel comfortable on, some manufacturers are smaller, ITP and Carlisle Turf Tamers are typically smaller in height than some others but listed as the same size. Our 18x10x8 Shredders are about and inch and a half taller than the ITP's and about 2 inches than the Turf Tamers. Holeshots are a good tire, I think that they all are just some maybe beter then others.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Trailblazer

I think for tires i'm gonna go with Kenda Klaws front and rear 6 ply. I believe I will get them from 4ATVtires.com since they are located here in Kentucky. Any thoughts? And on the carb what is the best way to fully clean the jets? Guitar strings maybe?

Old 05-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

actually I went and picked up a oxy acetaline torch cleaner that has a few different sizes to choose from.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

torch tip cleaners work good just make damn sure you dont use a size to big u dont wanna bore a jet out at all, be carefull, kenda klaws is a good choice those tires are awesome, longevity is good traction is awesome corning good, i think if u flip them one way it helps with braking and handling better and if u flip them the opposite way it will have better straight line traction for acceleration.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
torch tip cleaners work good just make damn sure you dont use a size to big u dont wanna bore a jet out at all, be carefull, kenda klaws is a good choice those tires are awesome, longevity is good traction is awesome corning good, i think if u flip them one way it helps with braking and handling better and if u flip them the opposite way it will have better straight line traction for acceleration.
Which way do you turn the Kendas for which terrain. I have Bear Claws now and they may work better for me if I turned them around. At least til I can get some Klaws.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by KYDRIVER_1
3. My exhaust gets really hot on my leg and was wondering how you all felt about header wrap.
I just put header wrap on my warrior because it was burning on my leg. It looks cool and it did help but a couple of time it has still got pretty hot on my leg. Autozone can order 15ft of header wrap for $15 bucks. I was able to wrap most of my exhaust with that, almost the whole right side.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer

What is a good tire size set up. 22-7-10 in the front and 20-11-9 in the back. I just want to make sure i'm in the know before I drop a few hundred on tires.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: New to Forums Need a Little Advice