Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee out of control! Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks and the one i was looking at has fmf fattys and powercore 2 silencers,k&n filters and boost bottle. i just want a faster bike than the warrior i have now and more power i drive on long logging roads, pits and some trails and rarely tight trails with lots of mud but probly wont with a new bike without reverse.. but the one im looking at is a 2001 and from the pics on kijiji it looks in great shape but my warrior is 2003 and in mint shape and im selling it for 3500 and i got the guy to go down on the price from 4500 to 3900 is this a wise decision if its in gtreat shape?

Old 05-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

Thats a horrible price for a banshee if it was an 05 or an 06 yea I could see him selling it for that much,but the machine is 8 years old! He should be selling that for 2700 at the most. There are way way better banshee deals out there. Pass this one up If he does'nt accept less than 3 grand.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

get rid of the boost bottle & put a stock carb connector tube on if you get it, boost bottles are a joke & do nothing but rub on the gas tank & throttle cable & make stuff cramped, no performance boost period, just shiny, & people think they actually do something.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

yeah it is alot of money but its in canadian money to im not sure if your from the u.s or not but yeah all the other bikes on there are for around the sae price , theres 2002s on there stock in bad condition for 3500

Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by brokemybanshee
get rid of the boost bottle & put a stock carb connector tube on if you get it, boost bottles are a joke & do nothing but rub on the gas tank & throttle cable & make stuff cramped, no performance boost period, just shiny, & people think they actually do something.
yep lol. just another gimmick.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

this one is the nicest on one kijiji at he moment next to a 2005 i think it is and they wont take cash only trade but the one im looking at is in mint shape race cut front frenders,nerf bars, front bumper,extended axle, 4 brand new itp holeshots , and the other mods i listed before great looking bike.. and im hoping to get about 3500- 3700 for my warrior .. thanks -connor

Old 05-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

Brokenmybanshee and 91warrior357 are absolutely correct. Get rid of the boost bottle. I put one on my banshee once and i noticed 0% Power gain! And yes all they do is rub on wires and take up room haha. Good luck man.

Banshees are extraordinary quads!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer

alright thanks guys

Old 06-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

Loose the stock tires. I did find that flipping the back tires arond gave me a inch and a half wider off each side wich kept me a little straighter. Your best bet is loosing the wheelie bar, getting a +4 swingarm, and a set of razr's

good luck!!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

Your Banshee looks like it is launching hard and the wheelie job is definately doing its job by keeping your front end on the ground.After watching your video several times I can't figure out why you are losing control after you get moving.Do you know if the ground is rutted out at the starting line or maybe you are jerking the bars without realizing it?

I've only drag raced on dirt a couple of times, 99% of the time I dragrace on asphault because there is an IHRA and NHRA track within 45 minutes of me that allow ATV's to race, one of them even has a points dragrace each year for ATV's.

A longer swingarm would help you keep the front end down, but that is what your wheelie bar is doing right now.Tire selection usually just helps you get traction, which you may or may not have a problem with, without knowing what your 60 foot time is it would be hard to tell if you have a traction problem.Lowering an ATV seems to always help when racing also.Always launch in first gear though, because if you can get it to hook and launch straight you want to be using all of your power.Most races are usually won or lost in the first 60 feet.

Here's a video of me racing my 99 Sport at the track
YouTube - Elk Creek Dragway 04/24/09

Here's a picture of my 60 year old father launching the Sport at the same track.Notice the rear slicks wrinkling and the front end staying planted on the ground.I'm on the YFZ450 racing beside him.
jacobsphoto : photos : Elk Creek Dragway 5/09/09- powered by SmugMug

Quick Reply: Banshee out of control! Please help.