Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee out of control! Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WaaHeHe94
I'm at Elk Creek Dragway (Home) every other weekend (actually they are having an ATV points race next friday night) and at most of the 4 Wheeler Shootouts that they sponser.Also race at Bristol Dragway (Bristol Dragway) on occasion and most of the county fairs in Southwest Va during the summer and fall.

Not meaning to get you all bent out of shape talking about traction, just trying to give the poster of this thread some ideas for drag racing his Banshee and share some of my own experiences with my ATV's and video's of guys that I race with.I've also drag raced on dirt a couple of times, it's just that asphault racing is more popular in my area than the dirt drags are.The main reason for that is that the dirt drags in my area only give out trophy's and the IHRA track pays out money.Would you rather win a plastic trophy and have to clean mud off of your ATV or win $200 for 1st place or $100 for 2nd place plus a trophy and have to wipe a few bugs off of your ATV?

Every time that I've raced in dirt I've always launched in 1st gear on my YFZ450.Throttle control and working the clutch are critical to a getting a good start.Heck I wish that everyone that I race with thought like you do and would take off in 2nd or 3rd gear....then I could leave my nitrous bottle at home
I've been riding a very long time atvs and dirtbikes not only riding them also working on them at a suzuki/yamaha dealer, lol...theres money in more then just drag races with atvs, plus its all in the fun, now your talking about a yfz the way there geared stock you wont need to make a 2nd gear launch(remember warriors and banshees are 6 speeds yfz is 5!!!!!!!)...only if your in sand maybe, i know everything involved in having a good start and theres actually alot more factors than what you said in order to have a good start, and your last comment makes no sense at all, your comparing your riding skill to mine? is that what it is? if you think i cant ride and im some pushover and your just the CHAMP then congrats at being hardheaded/stubborn but your very wrong.

are these riders wrong also? your the only right one? if you were more open minded less stubborn you might actually learn something...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=355176

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=304591

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/arc.../t-166237.html <--12 post down...and guess what its a yfz!

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35423 <--even crotch rockets

http://www.kfx450central.com/forum/i...?showtopic=582 <---and with the kfx450....

Old 06-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Range Rover

If you get the chance you should come to Elk Creek Dragway in Virginia and race with us sometime.Next friday is an ATV dragrace and I'll be there as well as this saturday racing with the motorcycles and working on my reaction times.

As far as the links that you posted, I don't think that I've ever raced against any of those guys or have ever seen any of them race.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by WaaHeHe94
If you get the chance you should come to Elk Creek Dragway in Virginia and race with us sometime.Next friday is an ATV dragrace and I'll be there as well as this saturday racing with the motorcycles and working on my reaction times.

As far as the links that you posted, I don't think that I've ever raced against any of those guys or have ever seen any of them race.
like i said before many times...i dont race atvs or dirt bikes on a drag track...dont want to either, those links were to show examples of why 2nd gear take offs are better then first gear on some occasions, yet its still not enough proof for you im sure, its hard to learn anything being that way, being so stubborn/cocky/narrow minded wont get you very far.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Range Rover

just for a try, try lowering the front tire pressures.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

loose the wheelie bar and widen the machine.