Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee out of control! Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee out of control! Please help.

Alright. i have a 2004 Yamaha banshee. I keep loosing drag races because i cannot keep it in control when im in the powerband. Is there anything i can do to help keep me strait. Wheelie bar doesn't seem to help me much.

thanks guys

Here is a video on how bad i am doing in drag racing.
YouTube - drag banshee vs yfz 450

Old 05-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

god damn seems like its running pretty good, what kinda mods you got goin on? make sure your tires have equal pressure and if its stock tires those have got to go there junk, if your into just drag racing you need at least some wheel spacers and a +4 swing arm or something, the rest is controlling your body weight, when i ride most banshees i get up on the gas tank on the start leaned forward in like an attack position and i launch on 2nd gear then once its done spinning like hell lean back at the end of the seat, o damn just saw the wheelie bar thats causing problems because the bike is not low,wide and long enough combined with crapppy tires is gonna toss you around alot.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer

I have stock tires and swingarm. Tires are equally pressure. I think i need to get some more wheel base on it. When i have more area to race i do alot better. Because once i hit 5th and 6th gear it stabilizes and i can control it. I am going to get +4 swingarm and definitly longer a-arms and a longer axel.

The mods i am running on it:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pro curcuit pipes.

+4 timing kit.

TPS Port job.

Bored 50. Over.

Dyno jetting.

Zoom Performance clutch.

high rev domes.

v-force 3 reeds.

Boost bottle.(Which doesn't even do anything)

38mm Keihin carbs.

That pretty much somes it up man. I will definitly get a +4 swingarm bro. Thanks for the help dude.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

def sitting way too far back on launch, and lose the stock tires!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Out of control Banshee

Drop it, strech it, and get some new tires. By the looks of the video you may be sitting too far back relying too heavily on that wheelie bar. Sit up on the gas tank... You have enough mods that it's still going to want to stand up giving you nearly the same amount of tracktion. Another trick I learned this weekend, and you can do when you get new tires, is measuring the circumference of the tires. More than likely they are not the same circumference (even brand new) causing you to pull to one side. To correct this you can raise or lower the pressure to compensate. This is more of a fine adjustment though. Worry about that last. Hope atleast some of this helps.

RELAX, FOCUS, WIN
Beetle

98 Drag Banshee 350 +4 Swingarm, Coolhead W/ 16cc Domes, Lockout clutch, 34mm carbs Blah blah blah
03 Drag Banshee 350 +8 Swingarm, Coolhead W/ 19cc Domes, Lockout clutch, 2 into 1 trinity intake, as low as she goes,Blah blah blah 8.6 1/8th mile so far
08 KFX450r Fuel injection is FUN!

Last edited by BeetlePredator500; 05-11-2009 at 09:01 AM. Reason: because
Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Stock tires are garbage. get new ones and you will be fine.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by BeetlePredator500
Drop it, strech it, and get some new tires. By the looks of the video you may be sitting too far back relying too heavily on that wheelie bar. Sit up on the gas tank... You have enough mods that it's still going to want to stand up giving you nearly the same amount of tracktion. Another trick I learned this weekend, and you can do when you get new tires, is measuring the circumference of the tires. More than likely they are not the same circumference (even brand new) causing you to pull to one side. To correct this you can raise or lower the pressure to compensate. This is more of a fine adjustment though. Worry about that last. Hope atleast some of this helps.

RELAX, FOCUS, WIN
Beetle

98 Drag Banshee 350 +4 Swingarm, Coolhead W/ 16cc Domes, Lockout clutch, 34mm carbs Blah blah blah
03 Drag Banshee 350 +8 Swingarm, Coolhead W/ 19cc Domes, Lockout clutch, 2 into 1 trinity intake, as low as she goes,Blah blah blah 8.6 1/8th mile so far
08 KFX450r Fuel injection is FUN!

Thanks for the tips man. I got +4 swingarm it did alot.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer

[QUOTE=JLsparky7;2791909]Stock tires are garbage. get new ones and you will be fine.[/QUO
stock tires make a difference but no were near that much of a difference

Old 05-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Trailblazer

hey im looking at buying a banshee but what are some things i have to do matenece wise? i know i have to chance tranny fluid and clean air filters , tighten chain and such but what else would i have to do to keep it in the best shape i can? iv never owned a 2 stroke but i had recently driven my friends yz 85 and was in love with the power of the 2 stroke so i decided i wanted to upgrade to one from my 03 warrior instead of upgrading to the yfz 450. i just want to get some extra info about buying and after i own one thanks alot!

Old 05-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer

It depends if you want to add mods to it. But if you keep it stock and get some good tires for it. It is a rather reliable machine. But of course, if you mod it, it will take some reliability away. Yes, all quads need some maintenance to them. But if you do not mod out the banshee, you will have it for a while without rebuilding or anything. If you are just into trail riding or playign around with your budys, I would just recomend pipes and jetting. Pipes add alot of power to the banshee without taking much reliability out of it. My banshee has a TPS Dune Portjob, Pro circuit pipes. bigger main jet. Bigger carb. and more.. I am in a drag racing club and i have to rebuild it once every 3 monthes. But if you get only pipes. You will have it for alot longer. I will tell you though, Banshees are NOT as reliable as the new 450's and raptors. but if you take care of them they can be.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Quick Reply: Banshee out of control! Please help.