Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

99 warrior 350 problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Raptor 450 said you are still having a problem with your float set up it sounds like. If you take the carb off you can get an idea if the float is sealing off by pulling the bottom bowl off the carb, then dumping any remaining gas from the carb. (MAKE SURE NO GAS IS IN IT) wiggle it around real good. Work the float up and down so the needle valve opens and closes. Then try to blow through the gas inlet. With the float in to down position you should be able to blow through the inlet. (hold the carb in the same position as it would set if it were on the quad setting on level ground) Then while blowing raise the float to about a horizontal angle to the ground this should stop ALL air flow through the gas inlet. If you can blow through it at all there is a problem and you probably need a new seat and needle valve which would come in a standard carb kit.
If it seals off but beyond the horizonal point to the ground, you probably have a float height problem. What is happening is the seat and valve are good, but the float is set too high and is not shutting off when the fuel bowl is full. This can be corrected by bending the little tab on the end of the float so it shuts off the air flow when the float is in a horizontal position to the ground.
If you go too much, your bowl wont fill up enough with gas so make sure that the float stops air flow when the float is in a level position.

Oh yea, I know some are going to say Oh don't put your mouth on the carb because of gas and all that, but to each his own. I don't think its any worst than eating a salad at the local dinner with all the pesticides we have to put on vegatables now days....

Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok..i will try that..im gonna take it apart again tonight when i get.home from work. I appreciate all the.help guys