Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anybody ride Raptors or Banshee's in the woods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Banshee with a set of pipe's will take a piped Raptor everytime. Hellooo wake up your breathing way too many exhuast fume's. I have a piped Raptor and when I went riding last weekend 3 piped Banshee's wanted to race b4 I even got my bike off the trailer. Any way the first 2 were beaters so they were easy to take. Now the last guy had a 2001 Banshee with Tommey's and a jet kit. And said he had been riding for quite some time. Well let's just put it this way we took off both spining tire's I even had to let my front end drop and I still had about four or five quad length's on him at the end. He wanted to race again so I was up for it. Same thing both bike's spining big time but this time I really smoked him. Needless to say he did'nt stop to talk to us anymore. And even when my quad was brand new I raced 2 2001 Banshee's stock to stock and ate them for lunch. I'm not trying to start anything just wanted to share with the group.

Raptor Blue
GYT-R FULL SKIDS
GYT-R HEEL GUARDS
GYT-R SHOCKCOVERS
GYT-R HEADLIGHT COVERS
GYT-R HOUR/TACH METER
GYT-R CARBON FIBER PIPE
GYT-R BLUE STROBE GRAPHICS AND SEAT
GRAYDON PROLINE NERF'S
STAINLESS BRAIDED STEEL RADIATOR HOSES
HUB'S PAINTED BLUE

Old 03-30-2001, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

your are smoking major crack if you think that a piped raptor will beat a piped banshee. ive dragged many raptors (piped and stock) up her in PA and not one of them has ever beatern me on my piped banshee,,,,,not one. i think those guys on the banshee's you were racing ,, dont have a clue on how to handle or drag a banshee. your the one who needs to wake up.....FOOL

Old 03-30-2001, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer

Kokl first off there is no reason for name calling. Grow up already. As far as them not knowing how to race that could be true, but he said he knew how to ride. Also what other mod's are done to your Shee. My Dino is stock expect for the pipe. No jet kit, air filter or differnet sprockets. So explain to me why then did I beat two stock Banshee's on my stock Raptor????? Are you saying that no one know's how to drag a Banshee in the entire state of PA except for you, I highly doubt that of the 5 Banshee's I have raced that not one rider actually knew how to ride. Come on who's dreaming now? List your mod's you have done to your quad(if you have one)and then we will know why your smokin piped Raptor's. Oh by the way I have been beat by two quad's, guess what they were? Two highly modded Raptor's they smoked me. I'm not saying I don't ever get beat just not by a similarily equipped quad.

Raptor Blue
GYT-R FULL SKIDS
GYT-R HEEL GUARDS
GYT-R SHOCKCOVERS
GYT-R HEADLIGHT GUARDS
GYT-R HOUR/TACH METER
GYT-R CARBON FIBER PIPE
GYT-R BLUE STROBE GRAPHICS AND SEAT
GRAYDON PROLINE NERFS
STAINLESS BRAIDED STEEL RADIATOR HOSES

Old 03-30-2001, 02:57 PM
Trailblazer

i have no doubt that a stock raptor will beat a stock banshee..your right. but you are totally fasle when you say that a piped raptor will beat a piped banshee. no way in hell. all i had on my banshee is a pro circuit pipe and proflow air kit. i smoked many raptors with that only on my banshee. the banshee respond 50 times better than a rapator with a pipe. tALk is cheap anyway,,, bring your raptor to PA AND I WILL SHOW THE FACTS.. BRING IT ON!!!

Old 03-30-2001, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer

For woods whatever you want. I have been riding my banshee in the woods and mud for a few years now. I got some 22 inch holeshots I put on just for woods. They give me way more clearance in the back so I can make it over things easier. And They are awesome in the mud!! Basically get what you want. I have a 1990 banshee that ran the same topend for 9 years. Had some wiseco pro-light pistons in it stock bore. It still had great compression and ran good before I sent it out to get 370lr.

Old 03-30-2001, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know what the price difference is like in teh States, but I was at the local Yamaha dealer here this morning. The 2001 Banshee is going for $7349, the Raptor for $9299. With that kind of a price difference I know what I'd get.
And when you start getting tired of your stock Banshee there are endless upgrades you can make to it, and any 2-stroke will respond much better to mods than a 4-stroke. That's a fact.
I'd love to have a Raptor, but I'd never shell out that kind of coin for a quad that needs thousands of dollars in improvments to correct handeling quirks. Just look at the list of mods most people on this forum have done to their Raptors that are less than a year old. I don't know how anyone can justify the expense.

Old 03-30-2001, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

If your a member at Tower City I gladly race your, but seeing how you have the power flow kit, You'll have to wait till I get my k&n power kit. Then we shall see. But hey if you wanna race at the pine bearings in Jersey bring it on. Or maybe even King of Prussia. Ain't scared of no BANSHEE.

Old 03-31-2001, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

Trail Riding = Slower Pace = Who cares about which bike is faster...

Banshee =2 stroke = less low end power where you really need it for those difficult sections unless you master slipping the clutch.

Raptor = 4 stroke = tones of low end (especially if you put on a 12-tooth sprocket) = never have to rejet for altitude changes (unless you're a power freak or ride above the timberline) = Handles better & smoother ride (stock)

Let's just say the Raptor is less work in the woods.

Old 03-31-2001, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Haveing owned both.... The Raptor rules in the woods. I go places on my stock Raptor that I would have NEVER tried on my Banshee. I'll take a Banshee in the dunes and a Raptor anywhere else.

Just my two cents worth.

Jeff

2001 White, Silver and Black 660R
1998 Banshee
1996 Polaris Explorer