Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior almost stolen

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing to do is get a storage shed to lock your wheeler in. If it is left in plain sight, you are just inviting someone to take it, no matter if it is locked to a tree. You should also have it insured if you must leave it out.

Final thought- get someone to give you a bill of sale showing the VIN #. That way you will have proof of ownership should it ever be stolen.

Old 04-11-2001, 01:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok heres what looks like happend. they crossed the wrong two wires and blew the fuse so they couldnt get it started. they also weren't smart enough to reach under the bike and change the fuse, theres even a spare one under there. so lucky for me i got some simple-minded idiots who tried to take it and not a pro, if there is such a thing. in fact it looks like it was my new trailer trash neighbors who did it, as the quad was pointed in their direction where they left it and they obviously didnt have a truck or something to drive the thing off in so they must of been planning to hotwire it and then drive it a short distance. ohio's laws regarding quad ownership used to be pretty lacking, but they supposidly got it all straightend out now, so this state has always had a rather high 4-wheeler theft "industry". i fixed the cut ignition switch instead of replacing it, i'm hoping it will hold up, i just wired the wires back together and put some electrical tape one it. i have to store it in my basement now i suppose, which is kind of inconvienent because i have to remove the rear tires to fit it in the basement door but at least its safe.

Old 04-11-2001, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider

Hey there,just thought I'd let you know that storage sheds from Home Despot >>s>> are only $200 bucks and are one of the best ways to keep your stuff yours!!