Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

went for a good ride today...here are my conclusions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2001, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all. GREAT stuff: I stopped ridng caus I was tired and not because the machine had broken. It still runs perfect. I'm real happy about that caus I've had a lot of trouble the past month (and was really pi$$ed off by playing the mechanic on the shee).
Second. The shee is better jumper than a '99 400YZF/'01 250CR/'01 125KTM. . Well...I know it's not, but I was the only one (actually, another 125YZ rider would do it too) to jump a "normal" tabletop. 3 400EXs wouldn't even try. Not to say I'm good...THEY are bad riders. I was kinda proud of this (here's the jump http://content.communities.msn.ca/is...ID_Message=122)
Third. I better get into serious arm reinforcement. I was pretty "mogully", and after 1/2 lap, my arms were like as hard as concrete...oops.
Fourth. We had some drag races...I lost almost all. I'm wondering if those Graydon pipes are making me any faster.
Fifth. Don't take your airbox lid off. I tried "for one drag race". I started, WOT, and it was so lean it would cut reaching 7500rpm(?)...oops. I stopped, and put it back on. No more one time playing. I take it off and rejet and eat water, or I leave it as is.
Sixth. I LOVE ATVs. Now that I'm able to get some nice air with ease (I could move the quad in the air...I thought these kind moves were "Laeger reserved" or "250R only"). I don't miss the bikes anymore...I rode my buddy's 400 for 2 minutes, and said "forget it, I'm having more fun on the shee".

LONG LIVE QUADS. amen.

Old 04-29-2001, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

i would recommend getting diff. pipes and getting rid of the heavy mud tires and going with a 20inch racing type tire, if you want a faster setup, to possibly win all the races with.

Old 04-29-2001, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

good to hear you had a fun riding and enjoying your quad. If a person is happy with their quad that is all that matters, not this is faster at this than that and all that crap. You seem happy with your Banshee, just like how I am with my 400ex. Doesn't make either better.

Nice pictures of jumping and riding. My friend just built a pretty crazy track this weekend but I can't ride it because 2 weeks ago i had surgery to remove my spleen from a quad wreck and now have to wait to heal. Also made me more timid about trying anything like before. Hopefully soon I will back to my normal stuff enjoying riding and having 'good' days like the one you spoke of.

Old 04-29-2001, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

I just started jumping my blaster last week, I'm loving it, havent got any pics yet, but it flys ALOT better than I had expected, very stable in the air, Ive probally hit the jump 50+ times within the last couple days and not ONCE did I feel out of control.. Im loving it... Working on my big tabletop now.. Anyways figured I'd share that...

Old 04-30-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

H300F,
Yeah, I know about the tires...but I really don't want to work on the bike anymore (after the engine being torn apart every ride -mainly minor transmission failures, but which need to take the clutch off, prestone out, oil out...etc-). I just want to ride. Weather is excellent, the shee seems to be finally working...if I could leave the wrenches stored for a while (except the normal stuff), I'd be real happy.
BTW, if anyone can tell me where I could find any info on these pipes, that's be cool. I really don't know much, and I got severely beat when I had these on, compared to the stock pipes when I we were exactly the same. I'm really wondering....could they be less powerful than stock?? Could pipes be that much torque oriented to make you loose top end compared to stock pipes?
But don't worry, even with some stuff not designed to be used this way (did Kenda thought I was gonna ride mx with 22"Bearclaws? I think not), I had a whole lot of fun. I was the slowest in drag races (do you believe this...a banshee and the slowest!)...but the highest...and that awesome flying feeling back again...aaaaaah.
hoping to go back there very soon. I'm tired tonight, but tomorrow is another day (a new riding day? )

Old 05-01-2001, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer

Hey great pics of some awesome riding!Made me a little sad though.Seeing someone having a great time on his 'shee while mine sits 3 states away in need of rebuild.I know what you mean about wanting to ride while you can.I moved and now have no place to ride.Someday!!!!!

Old 05-01-2001, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hang in there Rusty!

Old 05-02-2001, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Zorro, Its not every day you get beat by a tank! hehe...