Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

97 350 warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 97 350 warrior

Grabbed it for 300 intermittent spark loss ... Guy had replaced cdi voltage regulator & looked to of been inside the stator cover .... First thing i found was the center of the cheesy plug in it was almost falling outta the thing ... Im not that lucky lol .... I bypassed the clutch saftey as its wires looked nasty anyway .... The wires coming outta the stator cover were looking poor also . plus a bad noise coming from the starter like the inside was coming apart .... But when it starts randomly it idles good decent power .. Then shut off wait a few try it again .... No start all over again ... Ok i pull the stator cover thank goodness the shaft the starter gears ride on ... Lord no words can describe ... Shaft was just barley touching one side of the case other side banging all over .... The plastic cover on the stator is beat up im thinking it could be shorting to the charging coil ? I added epoxy to the areas that the insulator plastic was ripped off ... Hoping to throw it back on & check for spark 25 times & see spark 25 times lol cause thats what it will take before i close it up again ha ha ...the thing has nice plastic i was able to get it looking like new with some 5000 grit wet paper ... & the alum wheels looking like mirrors i was gonna get it going & looking good & make a buck but... I always say that lol why i have 4 3 wheelers & enought suzuki lt230equadrunners to take us all riding lol..... Should i just throw in a cheap stator & if this doest solve my issue ?