Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First Time On a Banshee Today And Was wondering???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 03:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friends quad has toomeys and a jet kit and it takes him at least 10 kicks sometines more to start it and it runs great. My other friend that has a stock banshee except for slip ons also has to kick his 10 -15 tines when cold. My 99 that has FMF's and jet kit started on ther 1st or second kick. I really dont think it matters.

If it really bothers you do a compression check on both of them it only takes a few minutes. If the compression is low that explains the hard starting and it time for a new top end. Get a Vito's top end kit for $200 and it adds 6hp!!

Mac

Old 05-06-2001, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said 1 started and warmed up it ran like a Raped out outta hell.I went flying up the driveway in 2nd made a left on the gravel road stones flying I had the thing sideways and hooking up foward at the same time all on the stock dunlops(wonder what dirtwheels was whining about) and as I went down the hill into the dead end dirt path and screamed up the hill in 3.Man OH man it was 2 words 2 sweet for a 1st time i rode a manual shift sport quad.Just Delicious I am now a banshee addict whoo yahh and I love it I tell ya.all you raptor freaks can keep ur 4 bangers cause im in love w the SHEE.LOL >

Old 05-08-2001, 03:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would look around before buying either of these banshees. You can find some immaculate machines out there with pipes for that price, and they have not been rolled or flipped. My banshee generally starts on the 1st or 2nd kick and I beat the heck outta my motor...

RoostKing...

Old 05-08-2001, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

what actually happens when a banshee is flipped or rolled besides the damage of frames bent and components,Does the motor also suffer?Also the banjo fitting was bent but what is that screw sticking out of the master brake cylinder out the side this 1 was bent up to? Is this a bleeder of some sort.I dont know hop bad this quad was flipped but like i said it rode tight,nothing looked cracked or bent aside from the few things I mentioned.

Old 05-08-2001, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

what actually happens when a banshee is flipped or rolled besides the damage of frames bent and components,Does the motor also suffer?Also the banjo fitting was bent but what is that screw sticking out of the master brake cylinder out the side this 1 was bent up to? Is this a bleeder of some sort.I dont know hop bad this quad was flipped but like i said it rode tight,nothing looked cracked or bent aside from the few things I mentioned.

Old 05-09-2001, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

Well I have a 97 Banshee set up for racing MX.. and I have a set of toomeys on mine. Ive got a lot of bottom end. I was out on the drag strip last weekend and blew the top end(over reved). Anyways...a set of toomeys is a very big diffrence. Scary infact. Best set of pipes you can get for a Banshee. O yea... a stock Raptor can't even come close to mine.

Old 05-09-2001, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, BUDDY, you're right. But, no need to apologize. I looked it up and it is 34 HP stock. I guess I remembered it wrong.

Old 05-10-2001, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

I love my t5's. Too many people bitching about low end in here. If low end is all you're looking for then be prepared to spend a little money, work the clutch a bit, or buy something else. The low end curve on a toomey pipe follows the nearly exact same curve as a STOCK pipe does. I changed the front sprocket on mine, and went to a single carb and mine is a hoot to ride. I trail ride mostly and have no problems with mine. Then when I want the extra power at the dunes I have it also. Does it rally matter which quad they say is faster in the magazine, who ever crosses the line first is the fastest.