Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

02 Bear Tracker 250 new carb runs on choke only

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 08:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Bear Tracker 250 new carb runs on choke only

Hello everyone I have a 2002 Yamaha Bear Tracker 250. I bought a brand new carburetor installed it it will start and will only run on choke? I checked the float level in the bowl and it seems to be correct? Can anyone help me with this

Old 01-11-2024, 04:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 308 Likes on 302 Posts

If it is a Chinese knock off, they are not always set right for the model. They may not even have the right jets. Some carbs can be adjusted, most have an idle mixture adjuster, though it may be hidden under a blanking plug. On some the main jet needle can be lifted or lowered in the throttle or dashpot slide. It is worth lifting the needle, if this is possible on your machine, to see if this cures the lean mixture problem. Also of course, there is the common Yam problem of a split inlet manifold, when is this most likely to occur? When you have been removing and fitting a carb.

The following users liked this post:
Captainconroy (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bear Tracks

Hi thank you so much for reaching out to me the other day about this I'm just seeing your post now. I also ordered with the carburetor a new intake rubber and also the metal portion of the intake. And yes it is a knock-off model I should have told the person to order a Mikuni or OEM. I backed the air fuel mixture through all the way out and that's the only way that I can harsh what partially right so I'm going to through the air fuel all the way back in check the Jets make sure they are the right size