Old 05-06-2001, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is what i put on today,

toomey t5 pipes and silencers
toomey jet kit w/ 280 mains and needles
uni filter
air box vents on lid

set everything to what toomey said, 280s, 4th clip on needle, 1 1/2 on air screw, 21mm float setting.

starts right up in 1 kick, but it just revs up pretty much maxed out and wont die down!!!!.

i dropped the slides and needles in good, made sure the groove on slide was pointed the right way, and made sure the taper was in the back. did everything i could, i pulled the carbs and tops off i would say 4 times each, i spent about 4 or 5hrs trying to get it fixed today.

so i talked to my neighbor/friend who has a banshee with pro circuits, and he said he will help me out, he said it is all in the slides and making sure they go down all the way. so i dropped the quad off at his house tonight, and while we adjust the carbs im also going to put a new throttle cable on it since it would stick once in awhile. but it inst sticking now because when i look down into the carbs from the air box they move up and down fine.

i dont understand it but maybe my neighbor will hopefully.

have any advice to give me that we can check over? i have my tors on it, but i may get diff. carb caps so i can take that **** off.

thanks for any help, ill tell you how it turns out and the results from stock to toomey. thanks.

Old 05-08-2001, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the ONLY thing I can think of that would have changed is if you didn't put the clips assembly that holds the throttle cable to the top of the slides back on correctly. I don't know the exact name but it's the part that is screwed on to the top of the slides with 2 screws that the cable attaches to. Anyway, if you put it on backwards (rotated 180 degrees) the hole in the slide won't line up with the hole in the bracket thing and will allow a vacuum/pressure problem. The slide needs to let air go through top to bottom as it moves up and down in the carb when you move the throttle. It's worth checking out if you can decipher my lousy description.

Old 05-08-2001, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

hey thanks for the advice, but i know i did that properly
but good news, almost sure we found out the problem. the tors on the tops. the one idle **** is sticking or something, the other broke out. we had it revving half as much as it was the day before, but then the tors acted up again and the **** broke so then it maxed out again and revved really high. also the right side tors doesnt tighten up really tight to the top of the carb, you can move it around a decent amount where as the other side is nice an tight. also the right side carb top is gettig a little stipped and i think the carb cap is stripped.

so im ordering a tors eliminator kit, which has everything to take those tors's off and put on reg. carb caps and includes new cables.

so im am pretty positive this is what was wrong with it, lets hope so. ill tell you in a week or so how everything goes.

i also must say those toomeys sound good, they are so loud when you have the motor revved up pretty high.