Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

27" Claws on 660

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 01:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got those wheels from Rocky Mountain. As far as the pictures, they should be in a folder called Grizzly 660 or something. The other folders are old Arctic Cat pictures that have been there for a while. I only have 2 pictures of it with the claws on right now. I'll take some more next week when I'm off work again or something.

I too would have liked the Magnums, but there is no way I'm dropping $100 apiece for wheels. Not even on my truck, and that would be a good price for truck wheels. I'll just deal with low range instead.

Old 08-22-2001, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

Alright Andy, was just up looking for your new pics of the Griz with the 'Claws, like the other guy mentioned, couldn't find them! I too must be missing something here-I found 3 different albums-"atv pics", "more atv pics" "other pics", or something like that. Didn't see any with the Griz-are they hiding somewhere?

If you do get more up, let me know, I be it looks pretty badass with those 'Claws under it! Maybe I did something wrong, but I don't see how-can't screw up a "copy and paste" can ya???? heh heh heh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best of Luck,

Mike

Old 08-22-2001, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

I cant find the pics either.
I really want to see this setup, Im thinking about putting bigger tires on my Griz also.
What is the offset you ordered?

Old 08-23-2001, 01:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats crazy, let me see if I can fix it.

Old 08-23-2001, 01:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

It should work now. I guess I never changed it from private to public. That was pretty stupid. Some of that stuff has been there for a month, and I never knew that nobody could access it.

Old 08-23-2001, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

Ahhhh, there we go.... Damn Man, that thing looks some kind of fierce with those 'Claws mounted! I like it! I didn't realize it sat so tall stock-with the lift and 'Claws mounted on the 'Cat, it appeared the Griz was maybe an inch or two taller even in some places??? These things keep getting bigger and bigger. Soon, they'll have to add doors and seat belts or safety harness's-oh wait, they already did-it's called a Jeep! Curious now to see the Griz side by side with the new SP700-that thing looks monstrous in the mysterious pictures we've seen for so long. Funny though how the release date keeps getting pushed back another week each day.

Anyway, the Griz looks great. Time for me to hit the sack. Looks like we finally got a bit of rain to help out the firefighters up near my place. Highways been shut down most of the week, and evacuation measures were taken for locals. Was supposed to head up today, but with the highways closed, couldn't get within 50 miles of my place. Leaving around 6:00 am whether it's open or not-between the 'Cat and the new truck, I'll find a way in!

Best of Luck Man,

Mike

Old 08-23-2001, 03:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well don't get too hot out there! Sounds like a mess. Those side by side pictures give a good idea of how the 660 sits up. The 500 beside is is lifted and has those tires on and it still isn't as tall in places. Doesn't really have any more clearance either, maybe an inch.

I need to get some other pictures of the Grizzly now though. Those two kind of suck. ------- Man, I'm at work right now, and it got busy. Its been an hour since I wrote that last sentence, and I don't remember what I was saying.

Old 08-24-2001, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

I was finally able to locate someone who had the Magnum wheels in stock for my 2000 Kodiak. I went with the 27" ITP 589 M/S tires mounted on the polished Magnum wheels. The 589's seemed like a good compromise between mud/trail performance. The tires/wheels should be here one day next week. I hope I'm not disappointed.