Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help 400ex or Warrior what the diff what are some dis likes and likes about both qauds

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2001, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BigBubba lets think if you put that much $ into a warrior (girls bike for anyone over 10) then I HOPE it would beat a 400EX ! What a waste to spend money on a warrior but that MY opinion I can obviously see we like totaly different things. MY R will beat it !!! HAHAHAHA and I spent less then 2K !

trx250104 I think you can tell which one I recomend you get 400EX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2001, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Okay Okay I am tired of this stuff. You guys make me so sick. You argue over the stupidest stuff ever. Okay lets look at what the guys asked. I have ridden and own a Warrior (you know the quad you guys call a girls ride and slow)oh well I bought what was best at the time and i am proud of my quad just as your are with yours. 400EX plus: suspension,handling and power on low end. 400EX minus: no reverse,sometimes fouls plugs(I am speaking from experience with a friend who has a 400EX)sometimes feels like the rear end is losing traction at high speed.
Warrior plus: tried and tested design that works,reverse,good tight woods machine and built like a tank(can take punishment and still run great mine has went through so rough stuff in it's life and it still runs great)Warrior minus: two-valve engine only can do so much,handling in quick turns can make it two-wheel,dated design could be improved and no oil-cooler(sometimes when riding slow for long periods more than two-hours it gets hot). Here you go buddy I hope this helped in your decision. The best thing to do is just ride them both and see which one fits you best. Me I just feel more comfortable on my Warrior and plus with a little modding(not more than 500) I can almost keep up(lose by 1/2 quad link in drag race)with my friends 400EX. These are both great machines so choose well.

Old 09-23-2001, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

400ex's have all the pluses of a warrior except reverse and i have yet to see a 400EX foul a plug. i'm not saying your lying..but maybe your friend is jetted rich or somethin...

Old 09-23-2001, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

If you buy the warrior you can mod it until the warrenty runs out or it will void it so you will ride a snail for 3 months or so and by then you will wish you bought the 400ex because even a 300ex will keep up with a stock warrior unless you are strait line drag racing.SO if I were you the obvios choice would be 400ex ,you get the best handling quad ever made , honda reliability ,alot more power then the warrior, on the 400ex it's not an oudated design, ALOT better suspension.

WHO cares about reverse ! I just went from a 250X with reverse to a 250R no reverse and you adapt ! you just think and usualy 85% of the time I dont have to get off I can just whip it around, plus it's so light so it's real easy to turn around. I can sit on mine and by pulling back on the bars and using the front brakes I can back up. GOOD LUCK with whatever you choose.

sorry about spellign mistakes I am too tired to care.

Old 09-23-2001, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

I think I would pick the 400EX over the Warrior. Granted, the Warrior is a great bike. I have seen more pre-90's, and early 90's than any other quad(except TRX300) and they're in pretty rough condition, but still run like brand new. It is really your decision... I mean, you can't ask someone that's 5'2" what quad they would buy, when you're 6'4".. See what I'm saying? The Warrior fits some people better than the 400EX, so they feel they can ride faster on it. Others like the 400EX.. Personally, I like the EX more than the warrior. It has more power than the Warrior, and a higher top speed. I think the 400EX is "hands-down" the best handling quad ever made.

To me, the only debate would come with the reverse option. The EX doesnt have it, BUT, like so many other people have said, you seldomly miss it. I came off a utility straight to my Banshee, and I don't ever need it. When I want to turn around, turn the bars, nail the throttle and I'm there.

I personally think the 400EX is a better auad, but hey, this is YOUR quad, not MINE. Go ride them both. Find which one fits you, and stick with it. Whatever you do, you will be pleased with your decision. Both are great quads.

Good Luck

Old 10-10-2001, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

Why is everybody argueing over this issue all the time,This is a stock warrior im talking about. The warrior and the 400EX are not really comparable, the 400ex is a good mx quad, it has awesome handling, good suspension (although not as good as the raptor)and granted the oil cooler is nice but its nothing to brag about, four stroke tech sells one for the warrior for like $100, The 400ex is a good trail quad as well but the warrior is better in the woods because of its smooth and wide powerband. Granted the warrior is fairly outdated but wheel spacers or wide a-arms do wonders for the handling, i have a set of 4-inch spacers on mine and they made it so much more predictable and much better handling, i no longer have any troubles with 2-wheeling. Suspension calibrations from factory are no good on any quad because they are a great compromise but you have to learn to set up your suspension to your tastes and you will also notice a world of difference. Dont get me wrong i love the 400ex its an awesome quad, but with a few simple modifications and knowledge the warrior can be quite competitive.A fully built warrior will easily give you an ear to ear grin after riding, if you disagree with this than you havent ridden a fully built one. My warrior is modded almost to the furthest degree (see the forum titled "warrior jetting" posted by me to see all my mods with more to come)and it is awesome, the key to any great quad is personal calibrations, you have to know what works for you. Out of the box the 400ex is a better quad than the warrior. If you dont want to do any mods or adjustments than get the 400ex but if you dont mind doing some work and learning then id choose the warrior, its a better learning experience, but of course take them both for a ride and see which one you like. Dont really think too much about the reverse, i hardly use it on my warrior,sport quads are light enough that you can usually turn them around easily by hand, or in the case of mine crank the bars and give it some gas and it slides around perfectly. Many people say the warrior is too heavy, it is heavier than the 400ex but my god it only weights about 398 dry, if you cant lift the back end of that and move it then you better start eating your wheaties. Im not being biased because i own a warrior, the 400ex is an outstanding quad and i would love to have one but with some simple mods the warrior can really haul. Of course though it is all about rider preference so takle them both out and see which one suits you better.

Old 10-14-2001, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer

Juggalo,
MX is not a good way at all to compare quads,MX is only a way to compare riders, MX is 90% rider, 10%machine. Tim Farr or Doug Gust could probably take a blaster and beat someone on a fully moded raptor or 400ex simply because they are better riders. IF you've beaten raptors and banshees im mx big deal it just means your a better rider, on the strip or the dyno you would get killed by both. And why are you calling big bubba a lier, how would you know that he's never built a warrior?, you don't know him, by the sounds of the mods he did i think it would haul ***. Im not trying to be mean or anything, you should take this as constructive critisism (thats what its intended as) but your far too egotistical you get it into your head that whatever you own if far better than everyone elses and you try to force other people to think your way, that may work on some mindless drones but not on people who think individually and have opinions of their own, the people in this forum are not stupid by anymeans so you can't push your dictatorship on us. Granted you did make mention to thinking that the 400ex is not a tricked out piece of race equipment but soon after you said it was twice the motor that the Warrior is in every aspect, now thats just not true, both motor are excellent but the warrior needs to be woken up more than the 400ex motor from stock. Maybe Big bubba sold his warrior and bought a raptor because he wanted something new to modify, half the fun is making it fast, the other half is going fast. I did not intend to be mean juggalo but you had to hear that, i've seen people like you before and people soon get upset with them because of thier self-centeredness, Now you could stay the way you are or you could give usefull advice to the people who ask you for it rather than shooting down everything other than the 400ex. I know this sounds like a personal attack and maybe it is to some degree but im just trying to be helpful and im sure some other people would agree with me, I've seen your posts in honda forums and your not mean in there only in here.