Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My poor Blaster :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone remembers me posting a while back that I have sold a 1997 blaster.
It was in great shape with a 240 kit/fmf pipes/extended swing/new plastic/seat cover. Anyways.... I get home from work the other day to find the blaster sitting on my back deck. The front end was all smashed in....cracked plastic. So I call the kid (I say kid because he is 14 and I'm 29..to me he is a kid) But the best part was that the kid tried to take off the shift lever with a crow bar. Pulled the shaft right out of the engine, cracked the block. And proceeded to ride it with no oil until it siezed on him.
Now his mother is calling me, telling me how I ripped him off and I need to fix this machine before she takes me to court.
Looks like I will be going to court soon. I believe I will never sell a used product to anyone ever again. Does anyone have a bottom end off a blaster they want to sell the little punk?

Just had to vent....thanks for listening. I looked at it closely last night. Needs pretty much everything in the bottom end except a crank. It took him 3 weeks to do this to it. I feel like I want to puke.

The mother wanted me to lend him my banshee until "I" fix his blaster....sure..right away lady.

Old 10-02-2001, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I had a similar story. I sold my old 125KX a couple years ago. I had suffered a water pump seal failure, causing baaad transmission lubrication (water went in the oil), and an almost seizure to top it off (no more coolant...duh!). Well, we got everything repaired (re-nikasiled cylinder, new piston kit, new waterpump..etc etc), and 6 months later, we were moving to Quebec, so we sold the bike, to a kid who wanted to try motocross, but he visibly didn`t know much about bikes/mechanics, neither did his parents. So me and my dad gave him some advice and he was off with the bike. Some time later (we had not moved yet), my mom "met" the kid`s mother at some shop...and she said the bike wasn`t running, they never stopped putting in new pistons...etc etc. We never heard of them after that, but they sure missed something...my guess is that they didn`t catch what I told em about premix...I don`t know.
Another story, we sell our car (a Fiat Ritmo Abarth...yeah, that`s a old!) to some ricer...and he breaks the tranny before reaching his house, 2 hours away. It was his fault (the gears were "touchy" to get in right and fast, so I guess he missed it) so we told him we sold it to you, no warranty. When you smash it isn`t our problem. One hour later or 2 years later doesn`t make a difference. It all ended by us discovering the same thing happened with the previous 2 cars he bought...buy it, beat it to hell (thinking it`s ok)...and it breaks.

Some people just don`t understand how an engine works, how "sensible" it can be.

My advice...blast them! They break your b****, trying to intimidate you...dump the blaster to them, telling them it`s none of your problem anymore.

Old 10-02-2001, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yes...some people are pieces of work for sure.

I did call a lawyer not too long after I posted this little story...I have been told not to touch it. Get them to come and get it (if they will)...If not...call the police and have them impound it....and let the court system figure it out.
He did assure me that I cannot get into trouble. Seems the selling price was under the level that gets protected by the lemon law.

Old 10-02-2001, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

that kid is a real ****. he probably told his mommy that he had nothing to do with anything that was broken with it. if some1 tried to do that to me i would be so mad. you should sue him for somethin andf buy yourself somethin nice heh heh.

Old 10-02-2001, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah one of my "friends" stole and wrecked my banshee about 2 months ago and I am in the process of sueing him right now. I hope it works out welll for you cuz I know how it feels to get screwed over. tke it ez ttyl cya

Old 10-03-2001, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

my neighbor had the same thing happen to him. Sold his 1994 blaster to a kid who did not know anything about it. The kid rode it for a couple of days and then finally bought it for $1200.00. After they bought it, they took it to a mechinic and he gave them fancy terms that it needed close to 600-800 dollars in repairs. (the funny part is, wouldnt you take it to get looked at before you would buy it) Anyway, they told my neighbor that he could either take it back and refund the money, pay to get itfixed, or go to court. He told them to give him the number of the dealer and he would call him and figure out what was wrong with it. Anyway, it turns out that the kid bent the axle, and it needed a new back light bulb (dont really know what it is called, goes on the grabbar) and it needed the oil changed. The dealer said he would straighten the axle, and change the oil, and put a new bulb in all for $100.00. They were just trying to rip my neighbor off. Honestly, some people are just g@y

Old 10-04-2001, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

hey that is just wrong where i come from thats @ss whipping time............... and thats just for the wat he did to the bike! Now wat he is trying on you i dont know wat i would do. Sad thing is buddy they could win......... be careful.