Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lost bolts on new grizz

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my grizz back to the dealer to get the miss fixed in it. They said that something in the trans was dirty "not my fault" and that they had to clean it. Well whatever they did worked, but when the put it the cover to the trans back on they didn't put the two bolts on good because i looked down while out on the trail and they where gone. Anyway my question is does anyone know what size these are i don't want to take it back just for this.... Thanks for the help!!!

Old 10-04-2001, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know how far away your dealer is, but I would take it back. You don't want to get more water and dirt in the trans, and if you put the wrong bolt in and mess up the threads it becomes YOUR problem. Maybe you could at least phone them for the specs on the bolts.
It seems most of the problems on these forums are related to POOR DEALER ATTITUDE! We spend big bucks on our quads and we should be holding our dealers accountable for their mistakes.

Old 10-04-2001, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

I would at least call and tell them and then have them send you some new bolts or you could stop by and pick them up. I have no faith in my dealer and their service. That is why I did my first service myself. I bought my parts from them and the oil, but I don't let them touch the bike anymore, unless I come up with a major problem.

I feel much more comfortable knowing that I did the work and the bike is in the shape it ought to be.

those are my thoughts
Paul

Old 10-04-2001, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

Big bucks is right!!!! I'm only 16 and that's why I work after school to pay for this thing. I am getting to feel the same way about not taking it to them for little thing. I take real good care of all my stuff not just my quad when i see someone doesn't try there best after i paid all that money for it it just pisses me off!!!

Anyway thanks i'll tell them to ship the hardware to me and ill put it on myself.