Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help reverse light flashing on 02 grizz

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 04:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help Ive misplaced my owners manual I just washed my grizz and after letting sit for about an hour i started it let it run for about 10 minutes with it in park the park light is on but then the reverse light started flashing shut it off shifted it put it back in park
started it revved the engine couple times same thing reverse light flashing park light on does the manual address this help pls.

Old 12-16-2001, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

need shop manual for that one. try removing the left side panel. look for the plastic holder with all the wires towards the back side of the tank. find the single wire green with a tracer, unplug the fem/male connections see what happens. thats how we bypass the limiter.

Old 12-16-2001, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

DanimalFL~

I've not seen that on my Grizz...when you shift it into park, have you rocked the machine to make sure it's "locked" into park, and not somewhere in between? Keep us posted on this...

SilverBear

Old 12-16-2001, 08:31 PM
PJ1
Weekend Warrior

Flashing reverse light:I have seen the same thing on a silver 02 grizzly 660. It has something to do with the rev limiter. If you rev the quad up in park you can trigger the rev limiter and the reverse light will flash. Turn the ignition switch off and on and the light should stop flashing because the memory will reset. If the light remains flashing go to the wire busawon660 describes and try disconnecting it, however I would not recommend riding your quad with the rev limiter disconnected.

Old 12-16-2001, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer

did not mean to say to uplug it. just unplug it then hook it back up. if you buy a toggle switch that is the wire you tie into two too bypass the reverse limiter.
two wires off the toggle switch one you ground and the other wires goes to th green one i mention.

Old 12-16-2001, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Well, apparently it's not limited just to the Grizz! Every once in a while, I get the flashing reverse light thing going on with my '02 Raptor. I don't know what causes it, but I don't hear any rev limiter kicking in. Mine seems to be random, and my '01 Raptor never did this. It's more aggravating than anything. Does anyone know at what RPM the rev limiter comes into effect? Any of you other Raptor owners noticing this quirk? If anyone knows the cure, let me know. By the way, what is the significance of the flashing light???

Old 12-17-2001, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Reverse light flashing indicates a speed sensor problem. this is
from the owners manual. All it said is to take it to your dealer
to have this checked out.

Old 12-17-2001, 09:33 AM
Range Rover

My buddies new 660 Grizz was doing this over the weekend (his user name is HoarsNest). Everything seemed to work just fine, maybe it's a common glitch in the electronics or something. Nice bike overall though!

Old 12-17-2001, 10:33 AM
Range Rover

After further testing it only does it after repeated revving of the engine, not to the limiter though so im wondering if reving in park is causeing the clutches to get hot and maybe the reverse light flasing is a transmission temp warning what do you think???

Old 12-17-2001, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

man, my park lite does not always come on on my 02 grizz but i dont let it bother me it locks in and works weLl except for the lite WHO KNOWS HOW TO BYPASS THE REV LIMITER I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THIS MACHINE YET PAN

Quick Reply: Help reverse light flashing on 02 grizz