Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

updated rear axle seal for Wolverine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 11:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a post regarding a new and improved left rear axle seal for the Wolverine. Has anyone updated the old system to the new one?

I looked on the microfich and it seems to just add a dust seal. Are the bearing and seal the same? What is required to update the system? can I just add the dust seal or is the bearing and seal different as well.

Old 02-03-2002, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

I just did the change on my 99 Wolv. over this summer. The bearing is the same but the left side seal is different and it has the added dust cover. I don't know if it is any better because I have not put enough time on it since I did it. It will fit any year Wolv. I don't believe they have change the rear differential housing and that is what you need to look for on the Microfiche files is the part # on the rear differential housing and make sure there are the same. They use the same #'s from year to year if they don't change the product. If they did they would have to many part #'s and we could never figure out what part went to which year and it would be total loss for the manufacturer. Not to mention the cost would be more ever year because of the overhead in making new prints and Microfiche files. Lot easier to copy and change the year at the top of the page. I hope this helps

Old 02-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Range Rover

Thanks jcsact! I think I will purchase the new seal and dust cover and give it a shot. As it is now, my rear diff is taking on water and I believe that it is comming in through that seal.

Old 02-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Range Rover

jcsact, I saw your sinature and was wondering what size jet you are running with your MegaMaxII and how you have the pipe set up with the plates and power core. I'm running 6 plates and the power core with the stock jet. But, I have a problem with it breaking up on the top end. I've tried other jets and nothing seems to help. It seems to run the best with a bigger jet and no plates or silencer on the pipe, but then it is way too loud. I just wanted to know your set-up so I could give it a try. You can email me at msd_woody@hotmail.com.

Old 02-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

jcsact, please post your response to Matt here, as there are others that would like to here your answer to his question.

Old 02-04-2002, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Guys to be quite honest I really don't know what my jet size is. I had a mechanic put on the power kit from K&N when I bought it. Then when I got the pipe they changed the jet to I think a #155. Then when I bought the Pro-Design filter and adapter I had him retune and make sure everything was running correctly and he changed something but don't remember if it was the needle adjustment or it was a new jet. I think I still have the other jets that came with the kit and the stock jet I will get those number and maybe we can figure out witch one is in there by process of elimination. I do not run the quiet core at all. I will put it in during hunting season but then I take it right back out. I don't like the way it sounds when the quiet core is in and it doesn't have as much pick-up. I run all the discs that came with the pipe. Mine runs like a top though, even if I have the quiet core in or not, just not as much pick-up off the line with it in.

Old 02-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

I am running a #155 main jet.

Old 02-05-2002, 06:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm runnin my stock carb settings with my Supertrap IDS and K&N filter. Since the 95 Wolverines came stock with a 36mm carb i didnt really have to change anything because it provided enough to compensate for the IDS and filter.

Old 02-06-2002, 09:17 AM
Range Rover

HillClibinFool, you've said what I was expecting. It seems to me that all of the jetting specs. I come across are for 96 and up Wolverine's with the smaller 34mm carb. Mine has a 135 main jet in it. When I put the 147.5 jet in that came with the pipe, it seems way to rich. But then I come here and it seems that most people are running 150-155. I think I may even have to go smaller than the 135 to get it right. I would like to hear from any other 95 owners to see how they have theirs set up.