Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

would a piped Raptor beat a stock Quadzilla?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to say that I agree with you 100% trout. Every time someone asks "what quad to buy" or something similar, they rarely mention the Cannondale's in their choice of quads. I try and get people to buy them all the time, whether it is my friends or someone on this board because I think it's great what they are doing for us right now. Hopefully I'll have one in my garage soon, but with my luck, I highly doubt it will be very soon. I do think that they made one mistake, the motor is so highly tuned that nobody in the drag racing aspect of ATV's is going to want one because of the minimal motor mods, but if someone offers a big bore for a Cannondale, they would be kicking some a$$.

Old 02-28-2002, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

your right 2fittyX, Cannondale needs to get more dealers and better distribution channels, but they are not really that big of a company, and these are ALL built by hand, so they are ALL custom to an extent. Anothe thing Cannondale does is continually update their machines throughout the year. For example, if you buy a cannibal in January it will not be the same as the ones made in March. They dont just make 75,000 machines then make more the next year. They will make an upgrade and start putting it on the very next mechine they make, by hand remember!! This is very evident in this example. I bought a cannibal with aluminum rims and ITP tires and ohlins, with the old ECU 500 engine map. The ones youcan buy today, have magura hydraulic clutches, a new gp100 engine map and an updated swingarm. They will always be updating, it is a work in progress. Kinda nice huh?

Old 02-28-2002, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

hey trout we live about 45mins away from one another. i'm going up to the sand dunes in walden march 23-24, what do you say we run them???
ya so you paid way to much for your quad thats no reason to brag!
ya i love usa products but heck most of the "all american" harlry
is made in mexico! yamaha has been making the shee for 10+ years now and it still fast has any other quad and fun to ride. and the lt500 will kill you, oh and honda made this one called something lika 250r, ya they can run circles around you are day long!! so has for those " 1987" quads are the forefathers of this great sport and to bout they can run with your high tech quad and then make you look like a fool!!!

so how about it?
oh and my friend says your quad looks like it belong to a power ranger.
sorry!

Old 02-28-2002, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

disturbed, you're a complete moron. He probably paid $500 more than you, and his quad will still beat your quad on the track, trail, and drag, and he invested less in his quad than you.

Old 02-28-2002, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Disturbed660,
Hey I would love to go to walden, I have never been there, but That weekend is most likely your spring break, my fiance is a teacher and she has that week off as well, so I am heading to Glammis to rip the dunes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would love to go to walden though in the future. Not picking a fight bro, I think the raptor is totally ****, seriously. I went to the yamaha dealer and sat on lots of them and i cant wait to ride one, I just think buying american is important to me, and that is why I have the opinions i have, and I like the fact that a small bicycle company is trying to make a difference and even sponsor a race team,not banging your quad, it is sweet too.
graham

Old 03-01-2002, 01:00 AM
Range Rover

Well, the reason people arent buying the cannondales like hotcakes is because, look at the price?? I mean, how many folks are going to go out and lay that kinda cash down. Not many as you think. The raptor, in price, is about as far as most people wanna go. Its not the matter of american or not, honda is a japan bike, and they make IMO the best quad out there off the shelf. If its a japanese man making the bike, or the american neighbor thats probably a drunk makin the bike, I decide the end factor. Im not picking on anyone at all, but dont judge it by where its made. That cannondale is a bit steep, maybe rightfully so with all the parts, but its still pricey.

This raptor better be one heck of a quad because I doubt yamaha will be making a new bike for many years to come. When Honda cooks up something, you know its gonna be one of the best bikes on the market.

Old 03-01-2002, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

I race a stock zilla at glamis china wall and beat him several times.The guy got mad becuse he came back with his shee with pipes and i beat him on that also. Later i talk to the guy and he was saying how he did not have the right paddle tire and so on! But later that day i had my butt handed to me at olds by a piped and bored ZILLA!

Old 03-01-2002, 02:09 AM
Range Rover

Sand45,

Which DS did you race with and what mods does it have?

Old 03-01-2002, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

I took my 2001 yellow ds.My baja is all stock,as for mods on the yellow one. I have k&n straight of my carb,pro-line rev box,pami springs,works front shocks,22"etreme haulers,fmf slip on, 15tooth front sprocket & 43 tooth in the rear.

Old 03-01-2002, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

Trout, you can buy two modded Zillas for one Cannibal. I've got 2500 in mine the rest of my money goes to eyedrops.

Quick Reply: would a piped Raptor beat a stock Quadzilla?