Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

would a piped Raptor beat a stock Quadzilla?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cannondale has the Japs running scared though. At this rate Cannondale will be, in about 5 years, where Honda was 4 years ago.

Old 03-01-2002, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

"Ok. first off a piped banshee wouldnt be no where near a challege for the Quadzilla. When my Ds was stock I beat piped banshees with out any problem. " quoted from BadBombardier650

Yeah and Clinton was a better president than Bush!

In all seriousness, I don't think you have a clue what your talking about. A well tuned piped banshee will make anywhere from 8-15 more hp than a stock DS. I currently run around high 60's to low 70's dpending on weather & altitude on a stock banshee cylinder.

Old 03-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

Near 70 hp with just a piped banshee? Your crazy. Stock DS have around 40-42 rear wheel hp stock. And a well tuned piped banshee will make 15 hp more than that huh? Well that would be around 65-67 rear wheel hp. And your bike with oversized high compresion pistons, stg 3 porting, cool head and all the other stuff you hane makes high 60s to low 70s. Well you just said that only being piped a banshee could make high 60s for hp. And your bike with all those mods only makes high 60s for hp. Can we all say that a piped banshee is a banshee with pipes, silencers and possibly jetted with no internal motor work? That is as far as i will go with saying that I have somthing that is piped. Any more mods than that and its not just piped. Also yes I will agree Banshees do run good with just piping them. Probly the single best mod to do to any stock 2 stroke is to pipe them. But come on It isint going to double the hp on a stock bike with just pipes. What is the stock hp on a banshee any way like 32-33 or so. I know it is less than a Raptor. And this guy is sayin he can get up to 15 more hp than a DS with just pipes. Yea bud I think your right I must not no what im talking about. That is why you said that a heavily modded banshee and a only piped banshee make around the same rear wheel horse power.

Old 03-01-2002, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have to say that all of the quads being bragged about or put down here are obviously fine quads. I mean, the fact of the matter is that they're all fast, it's just become a matter of which one best suits you. Tons of mods can be done to most any quad to make them much faster than stock. After a point it all comes down to one thing. Who has the most money or is willing to sink a the most into their quad to out do everyone else. After a certain amount of modification, it seems to me that it is no longer a testament to the manufacturer, but more to the person doing the mods and the amount of cash that they were willing to put into their quad.
Just because one might out do the other in a straight line drag, does not mean that it's better. A lightning fast drag quad with the +10 swing arm and no suspension wouldn't be fun to me on the trails or jumping dunes. It all comes down to user preference.

Not that I'm trying to stop the arguments. They're rather entertaining. Some of the facts that are flying around are totally laughable...

Old 03-01-2002, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

It's all good.

Anybody that feels the need to down anybody else and thier machine has serious self confidence issues of their own. lol.

I give props to anybody that has a machine and rides![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

But I love a good debate as well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2002, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Bad"MATH"Bombardier650 you say in your post 40-42 HP for a Bomb then 15 more would be 65-67 not sure if you are using the metric system but my math says 55-57. I don't agree a stock Banshee with pipes puts out that much horsepower either just wanted to point out the math slip-up....lol

Old 03-01-2002, 02:07 PM
Range Rover

I also want to say that I dont think that a 250r would run circles around a Cannondale. Stock for stock a Cannondale is faster than a 250r isint it? And they both are good MX bikes.

Hey Raptor dude your right. I guess I was writing it down all fast that i didnt really catch that I messed up. But he is still saying almost 60 rear wheel horse power with just pipes.

Old 03-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK! OK!
looks like I opened up a can of worms here...

anyways, let's take the scientific approach"
(IF) a stock Zilla puts out 51 rwhp... and in the latest issue of dirtwheels the best Raptor pipe tested put out 46 rwhp... THEN it should technically be a power-to-weight ratio of what quad SHOULD BE faster... and I assume the Zilla is slightly lighter than a Raptor; therefor, with 4 more rwhp and weighing in at a few less pounds, the Zilla should prevail, and thus, you have the answer to my question... HYPOTHETICALLY speaking of course[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Trailblazer

I was just busting badbomb, glad you only took it as a joke, but I agree stock piped banshee no where near 60 horse.

Old 03-01-2002, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Hey BadBombardier650...
Your the one that said A DS650 will put out 40-42 hp, not me. I think they are alot more equal than that. IF they are both putting out about the same hp (which I believe) and even giving the hp edge to the Bomb, A stock banshee with proper jetting with pipes alone will put out an additional 8-15 hp. I have seen this regardless what you say. I have seen 51 hp banshees with pipes alone. Good luck!

Quick Reply: would a piped Raptor beat a stock Quadzilla?