Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Carb setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2000 | 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I Have a 2K Warrior & Have the same problem of jumping out of 6th gear. What's up with that ?

Old 03-03-2000 | 01:45 PM
GJ
Range Rover

No fear, it sure sounds like the clutch is slipping. The Warrior clutch is a strange beast. It has 2 different sized friction plates and 2 different thickness steel plates. It also has 2 springs internal to the clutch stack up under friction disks 3 and 5 that try to push the clutch apart. They are light springs mind you but still springs. From what I was told by the parts guy they are supposed to smooth the engagement. He says most people take them out. I got my warrior used and they were not in and I didnt bother to get them either. Also if you get an aftermarket cluth they dont supply them and tell you to get rid of them. It may be something to try (removing them) cause its cheap and fast, before getting involved with more expensive labor things. Also I wouldnt recomend an aftermarket clutch for this bike due to the aftermarket friction plates being made of too hard a material and wearing heavily on the aluminium housings. My friend and I both notice aluminium and fiber materials in the oil filter. which I am trying to correct now. hope it helps

GJ

Old 03-03-2000 | 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

There seems to be a lot of duplication here so I won't go on except to say I found that it was my spark plug. Someone suggested to me to try the most inexpensive fix first. I also had a worn reverse ground wire and for me that made mine start and just die after 15-20 seconds. It would start up and 15-20 die. Fixed wire and no more problem and I have no idea why that would effect it that way. Yet another pop out of 6th at top end. I asked for feedback here and someone told me he didn't think maybe I was firmly lifting shifter into gear. That didn't make any sense that it would then engage after a minor let off of throttle. I have making an extra effort in shifting and haven't had that problem in a while. Lastly my wife was looking over my shoulder as I pulled up your post, I commented what a thoughtful husband you were thinking of her and including her. I have had an 89 and recently found a great deal on a 98 and convinced her I had to have it. Haven't sold the older one yet and have hinted maybe we need both, his and hers. I think she's half interested. Little does she know if it happens I would look to sell older and get 250r and have 98 warrior and have best of both worlds!!
Good luck

Old 03-05-2000 | 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

GJ
About the metal shavings in the filter... Everyone i know with the Warrior finds the shavings in the filter. I can't say that this is a good thing, but I guess that it is normal for the Warrior.

Someone also told me that the clutch may be the problem. The reasoning was that in 6th gear the clutch has the most pressure on it. The only thing I find strange about that is the 2000 Warriors are doing it right off of the showroom floor. But i guess it could be the springs you mentioned.