Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster clutch slipping?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can u guys explain to me what the clutch will feel like it whenever it begins to slip? On this blaster im selling, it will rev out while you are riding if you nail it. Could this be improper oil? The bike was bought in Jun of 2000. It is a summer only bike, never been rebuilt. BUT, i think that the oil could have been overfilled or could be improper.

Old 04-26-2002, 07:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That pretty much sounds like a clutch slipping. You normaly start to notice it going from mid to ful throttle.

Where do you ride, any good spots worth a two hour drive? How about sand, do you like it or know of any good dunes near by?

Old 04-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

ward,
thanks for the reply. i have a couple of friends that some land around lincoln county and i ride there. mostly i ride on the homochitto river in franklin county and another river ( cant remember the name of it ) up by hazlehurst. there are some good hills on the homochitto and the sand is great BUT the owners are a$$holes, just this year they have banned 2-strokes, and any type of bike that has a loud pipe ( loud is of course at their descrection ). We used to be able to ride Fair River in Lawrence county but it was pretty much shut down in the past year. our lands are getting closed quick. any good places over there to ride? There is a park in Wesson,MS called Timberlanes, decent trails but i wouldnt drive from Laurel, its not THAT decent! Is there anything over that way??

Old 04-26-2002, 10:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Pretty much thye same thing here. There are a couple of MX tracks around but thats not really my thing, I'm a sand freak! A few times a year we go through Brookhaven to go to LA DUNES. Its alot of fun over there. Its only about three hours for you. Lots of drag racing. Last time I was there I saw a Blaster that out ran most everything normal. Next time we go I'll drop you a line if you want.