Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptors now the slowest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raptors really arent the greatest, I go to the Dumont dunes and my freinds raptor cant even make it up the 500 foot dune. Also at St. Anthony's sand dunes, his Raptor didnt make it up chest nut dune, or devils dune. My Banshee made it up every dune no problem. Raptors are for old men, or women who love four strokes becasue they never break. I like it when my banshee breaks, becasue its time to modify after that. But Raptors are slow there 4 strokes for crying out loud. Whats going to win, a Harley or a Yamaha R1 street bike????

Old 05-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

A Harley or an R1??? Not a very good comparison if you're looking at 4 stroke vs. 2-stroke. You just compared a 4 cylinder (4 stroke) to a 2 cylinder (4 stroke).... Just thought I'd point that out, but what do I know? I ride a 400ex, so I must like going slow. Oh yeah, and I ride a big V-twin Yamaha Road Star. Let people ride what they want. I bought my bikes because I liked them. After riding them, I still like them. There's always going to be something bigger and faster out there. But seriously...if all you guys do is drag race, riding must get pretty boring. I ride with cannondales, banshees, raptors, warriors, 250R(s), and some polaris "sport" quads, in the woods and the dunes. If you're out riding in a group, it's not about how fast you get to where you're going. I rode all day yesterday with a couple of raptors, and not once was I thinking that I needed to get a faster machine. We were riding in the woods, and when you're in tight trails, you don't get too many chances to go top speed, so...just like your girlfriend tells ya "size doesn't matter".

Old 05-19-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

HondaEater 420, maybe your "friend" can't ride his machine. Well maybe he can and your just a lying Retard. Did a big bad Raptor spank your *** somewhere, and your holding a grudge. Or maybe your ol'lady left you for a guy that rides a Raptor. Or one of them Girls that ride a Raptor. Wait a min!
I remember her she had a big A$$ you can have her back, I'm done with it.

Player hatin' Beotch.

Old 05-20-2002, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

(hondaeater420) Yeah!, what zombie660r said!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

So hug my nuts!!!

Old 05-20-2002, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Raptor is the dominator.

LOL! and you imply that all of us "non raptor riders" think to highly of our machines? LMAO!!!

I agree with who ever said stock vs. stock the shee, ds, dale, and raptor are very close in top speed and none of them will kill the other in a race in stock form.

Hondaeater420 - A little overly proud of the 2-strokes aren't ya? Sorry to tell you this but even thought they are nice, 4-strokes are takin over. Go to a local track with some REAL riders and you'll see how what a 4-stroke can do.

Old 05-20-2002, 01:41 AM
Trailblazer

In a straight line drag stock vs stock the cannibal is the fastest.
Their is no arguing that.
People may have beaten others on their raptors,ds etc vs. cannondale stock...but rider weight and experience comes into play.

Take same rider...do a timed 1/8th mile drag. Cannibal EVERY time.
It is the fastest quad on the market hands down.

Old 05-20-2002, 01:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Z400man- go put your nose in the corner. Don't come back until you can tell the thruth.

Old 05-20-2002, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Z400 Man.....PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2002, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a GOOD one now a Raptor wont make it up a 500ft dune. Very funny!!

Old 05-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

14mins & zombie 660 guy - if you guys will provide the stock Raptor, I will provide the demonstration that a stock CD is, in fact, faster than a stock Raptor and most piped Raptors.

I will also be the first to admit that my stock CD has been beaten by a piped, jetted, and airboxed Raptor - but that guy was definitely in the minority. He was pulling a lot of bike lengths on a lot of quads. I'd like to run him again after I pipe and remap my quad.

Either he wasn't telling the truth about his mods, or he was the only piped Raptor rider that knew how to properly tune his machine. BTW, he was running a full yosh pipe.

I find it really interesting that everyone complains about the 400EX's, LTZ's and Raptors being so detuned from the factory, then everyone (well, mostly the yamaha guys) complains about the CD supposedly being "Tapped out" from the factory.

Seems like everyone simply wants to complain, make negative comments about quads they don't own, or compare quads with thousands in modifications to stock machines then beat their chests here on the forums.

Quick Reply: Raptors now the slowest?