Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

weekend warrior trailers.....how much cargo room do they have???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are looking into purchasing a new weekend warrior. either the 22 footer or the 26 footer. will the 22' have anough room for a mid sized 4x4 , an atc 200x, and a 400ex? and if the 22 footer wont, will the 26?, howabout adding a blaster to the cargo?...

they say that you can haul sand rails w/ them?...how is that?...does the furnature inside fold up close to the wall , so you just drive it right up into the trailer?...please explain...im confused w/ this

ps...the mid sized 4x4 is about the size of a wolverine

thanks
pismoguy

Old 05-19-2002, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have a fs3000 and it fits 1 raptor,1 ds, 1 wolverine,1 raptor80 (same as a badger. For the price diff go with the 30'. Always go big so you will have the room should you need it. The carpet rolls up and the couchs folds against the walls. The WW is expensive , I payed 26K but I have fiberglass sides, 1 36gal fuel station,5.5 onan gen. The 30 has 120 gal fresh,40gal black,40 gal gray.

Old 05-19-2002, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Boy......trailer questions.

I have been looking at toy haulers for several months now and it just gets worse. I think I am going to finally buy.

The weekend warrior trailers are very nice, but I think I have decided on the desert fox. I like the front bedroom option and in a 28' desert fox it will still fit 4 full size quads. It has tie downs that go up into the kitchen area. I like that. I also like the finish a little more. The cabinets go all the way to the ceiling and gives more storage.

I thought I was pretty much set on the weekend warrior, but after looking at every brand out there I think the desert fox is a little better.

As for your questions, the bench seats will fold up against the walls. But, the weekend warrior has fender wells on the interior that take up floor space. One more reason I like the desert fox.

The 22' I beleive does not have a front bedroom and has the same cargo space as a 26' with the front bedroom. The weekend warrior does not have tie downs all the way up to the front. They use a wood floor with a coating on it in the cargo area. And that is where the carpet goes.

Buying a trailer is a big expense and should be researched fully. I have been to most all trailer dealers in Utah and this part of wyoming. Out of all the brands, the weekend warrior and the desert fox stood out to me. There were some really nice fifth wheels out there also, but not what I wanted.

Anyway, one more reason for me to buy the desert fox is that I can get a pretty good deal on one and they are a local dealer. So, if I have a problem they are here.

Sorry for the long post, if you have any questions post them and I will try to help. I have looked at most every brand.

Old 05-20-2002, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

You didnt say what the price was????

On the desert fox...

Please if you could...

Jonathan

Old 05-20-2002, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

The desert fox I am getting is the 28K and I am paying $22000.

It is loaded, except for the fuel station [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I think they retail for about $26000.

The weekend warrior dealer I was talking with would only go to about $24500. And that was pretty loaded, but there are things the desert fox has that the weekend warrior does not and vice versa.

I also know a guy that has one, I dont really know him well, but his family is a prominent family here and he loves his.

I think I will be happy.

Bat

Old 05-20-2002, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

do you know if there is a website that lists some information on them? Like aminities, specs, prices?

I would like to do some research on here before i have to DRIVE a long ways to check them out. I would like to narrow it down to just a couple before i get out there and look at them. I really want a camping trailer that i can tow the bikes with.

Do you know if they will hold two griz? for that matter...will they hold two griz and two big bear?

thanks
Jonathan

Old 05-20-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Frogman,

I did a lot of research on these campers. But, the best way to research them is to go out and see them. Lay in the beds, walk around open and shut all the drawers.

After doing all of the above, the weekend warrior, desert fox and the kit extreme were the ones I had narrowed it down to. Then after really thinking about it and looking at them again, I realized that I prefered the desert fox over the others, not to mention it was a little less expensive.

The extreme was really cool, but was mostly a gimmick, after a while it would not be so cool.

The desert fox is made by northwood manufacturing out of oregon, and they make the nash and arctic fox lines also. They have a website, but I cant think of the address of the top of my head. Do a search for any of the above names and you should be able to find it. I think it is something like this but that may not be it.

I have been shopping for these since presidents day weekend at dumont. People that were there sunday afternoon can attest to the nasty wind and brown out conditions. Not really great for tent camping, not to mention we were several miles from the bathrooms.

Good luck on your shopping.

Oh, and the desert fox is 96" from wall to wall and that is all the way up to the cabinets, which is about 11'8". Then there is about 48" between the cabinets and tie downs up there, so you could put a quad up there if it was not too wide. I think I can get my DS and raptor in side by side. I will let you know after I get it home and try it out.

I will most likely put the raptor and my sons 50 next to each other and then the DS behind. But I should not have to turn them sideways which will be nice.

Sorry for the long post, I am kind of excited that I finally made a decision.

Bat