Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Problems With Warrior, Anyone Else?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy bought a 2001 Warrior last August and has had nothing but problems with it. Screws are falling off left and right(heat shield screw, air box screws, etc) We were riding trail, and the side bolt for the axle spun off and the C-shaped metal peices on the chain adjuster came out and got caught in the rear disc brake and tore it back. The axle could move 4-5 inches. Also, we were on the dunes and the right foot peg bent down and needed to be replaced. Not to mention both black foot guard that protect you from the back wheel are all busted up. Also, he has a backfire once in a while.

I don't know if he just got a lemon, or if this is a bigger problem. He owned a '94 Warrior and had minimal problems with it for the 5 years that he had it. Has anyone else had any problems with the quality of their Warrior? Or know any one else with similar problems? I know for sure that Yamaha has lost one customer. He is so fed up with this that he is selling it and getting a Suzuki Z400. I was planning on getting a Warrior prior to hearing about the Z400, I am glad now that I didn't.

Just wondering.

Old 06-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obud, it sounds like your friends dealer didn't do a very good job of putting this thing together.

Also, on ANY new machine it is wise to go over all nuts/bolts/screws initially and after a few hours of riding and make sure everything is snug. Also, check the fluids, chain, cable movement, air filter (oiled?), etc...

Of the 3 Yamahas that I bought new from the dealer I have had mixed luck; some where put together better than others. One thing that they ALL have needed was the rear axle and spindle bolts tightened down after riding for quite a while.

Any quad you buy is only going to be as good as the dealer who put it together AND as good as you maintain it.