Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How Fast is a stock Blaster.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mar,

I have a Mach Z as well...you are right...what a rush.

The gas tank will hold 11.1 Gallons, and it gets about 10 miles to gallon on average depending on the trails. If you are on straight flat trails you can get upwards of 13, but that never happens around here.

ATV gas mileage is similar except most people rarely take 100 mile ATV trips (which is typical for a short sled trip) so sometimes people don't look at it in perspective.

Personally besides the rush that sleds give you, I think I like ATV's better. Even though you get dirty each time you ride. It's just too bad that we don't have a trail system for quads like we do for sleds. However, in a way I guess it's a good thing because there are less people out riding and you get the woods to yourself.

-Josh

Old 07-23-2002, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

so u guys seem like u go really far on a snomobile...hell i wanna do that too

what are atv's waiting for...a snowmobile goes so fast...i dont get it

anyways, how are there all these trails that are allowing for snowmobiles and not for atvs?

Old 07-23-2002, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Sleds are fun man...What part of New York are you in? There are a ton of trails upstate.

It's pretty crazy, I know guys that will put on 300-500 miles in one day of riding. Personally I have never even come close to that.

The guys I know did that up in Canada where the trails are quite a bit better (Right Mar?). The ones up North in Quebec are just like Highways...wide and smooth. The trails we have in my area are really twisty and some spots are barely wide enough for one sled to go through so you always have to be on your toes incase some fool comes ripping through not paying attention.

Anyway, to answer your question...The ATV trails system doesn't exist for two reasons. One being that the land owners are a bit "timid" when it comes to ATV's. As you know ATV's can dig ruts in wet and soft spots, and when you've got a couple dozen going through a day it can make a mess. Personally the trails we ride around here handle ATV's very well, and even the places that do get a little soft aren't so bad. The other reasons are because of a lack of clubs...I am going to post a quote that a friend of mine said that sums it up well...

"That is why we must support our local clubs. They will help bring uniformity to our local rules and will gain a good reputation and respect and a level of comfort to the towns and landowners whose land we travel."

It only takes a few idiots to do something on somebody's property and ruin it for the rest of us. If 99 People go on somebody's land and "tread lightly" without leaving any sign of being there, and 1 person goes through destroying things that's all it takes.

Anyway, I think you get what I'm saying.

Take care.

-Josh

Old 07-24-2002, 12:38 AM
Mar
Pro Rider

An other reason that a atv trail system doesnt exsist is that farm feilds or pubic highways connect the trails. Farmers use there feild in summer and atvs are not allowed on highways or public roads (YET).

I have gone 500miles in one day. Its long but fun. Just 4 hours north of toronto the trails are like ski resort trails. They are as wide as highways. and are just a blast to drive on because they go up and down and there are corners. Most of the trails by toronto are a good 12 feet wide and are anything from straite to twisty.

Its a blast. Driving atvs on some of these trails are boaring. Your simply not going fast enought and with out the snow the senory isnt that great. Atvs still havnt found there place around here. It seems that trouble follows them where ever they go. I hope one day they also have a more established trail system but i dont think we will ever see somthing as amazing as the sled network.