Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Vaccine For YELLOW FEVER

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The predator doesnt look tippy to me,it is like 48 inches wide,it wood be better though if it wasnt so heavy,a couple sites have tests on them already!

Old 08-08-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

I remember what you have told me Raptor660RNH, I guess I'm just still in denial about the fact that I have an old antiquated quad. I keep telling myself that even though mine is still OK, even though it's faster than the Z & it looks better than the Z & so forth and so on. But deep down, I know that the Z400 is a better machine than mine. It has to be true, DW said it was.

As far as the Preditor being faster than a Raptor..........I hope it is. I own two Polaris quads and I think their great. Polaris has a nice way of making their machines complete. There isn't a whole lot of need to mess with the aftermarket stuff on them. On my 2000 Scrambler 4x4 all that I have done to it has been to put a K&N airfilter and a 2000 lb. SuperWench on it. I think it's great the the Preditor is ready to go right out of the box. If I didn't already have my Raptor running to the point that it is or didn't have it.....I would very seriously consider buying a new Preditor. I hope it does do well.

Old 08-08-2002, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

well i got my issue of 4wheel atv action and there it was on the cover...the review was lame...but i'll be patient and wait for the official DW review. i like the looks of it except the stickers...a little heavy...nice footpegs(angle)...thumbs down on the front shocks...and they talked about the new steering system that they developed.

Actually this is a great example of how magazines push one quad over the other in regards to how they advertise. yes, they do mention that polaris spent three years putting this quad together and took time to re-think steering and ergonmics. Now if you read suzuki's reviews. they've re-invented four wheels which they invented first...their quick to point out. but actually they copied all the competition around them that they could get their hands on...slapped their name on it...and called it great...took out a bunch of ads...and DW agree's greatness.

But Cannondale and polaris introduce new quads from top to bottom...introducing new ideas. fuel injection, steering, packaging their models for diffrent riding styles...and they get the Golf clap.

i can't wait til they start telling us the Z is faster and better handling than the articcat and the kawasaki.

Kudos to polaris, cannondale and yamaha for actually taking our money and putting it in R&D for quads...

"But if it was'nt for suzuki you would'nt have quads!" there i said it for you...Henry ford was riding over whoop sections in down-town on his model T before roads were invented and suzuki had existed. claiming first on four is a stretch and as far as i'm concerned just another embarassing example of the lengths suzuki will go to push the Z.

Come on Honda...

Old 08-08-2002, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

well i might as well add my 2 cents. i was at mapleshade p.a. for a mx event and they had a predator there. i talked to the rep and sat on the new polaris creation, and i could not find anything i didn't like. the erg's felt perfect, the steering was light and it looks better in person. no i didn't ride it but i think they have a serious contender. plus they're already equipped with the stuff you buy from the aftermarket. something yamaha could do. i don't think they will be tippy. it sat lower than a raptor and it's wider. the wider part would be a question for me because of the type of racing/riding i do. no it won't take over the 250r, but it looks like it going to be a nice quad at a fair price.

Old 08-08-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

I couldn't have said it better myself Raptor660RNH & 660bigdaddy.

I have a little over 10K in my Raptor & I would still like to put a +2 Axle and +2/+1 A-arms on it, maybe have my rear shock re-valved. There is another grand. The list is endless on the things you can do for and to a Raptor, not as the Banshee, but give it a few more years.

Somebody somwere needs to start a 12-step program for guy's like us. They could call it "MA" for Mods-Aholic. I'm sure that Raptor660RNH with his quick wit could come up with a better name than that, but everybody just remember that it was my idea. Yea, next year at this time we will see Raptor660RNH up on stage with Tony Little (Motivational Speaker) making millions of dollars keeping other people from spending millions of dollars of aftermarket parts. Ha ha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]