Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Weekend adventure with a couple of friends (grizzzzzzzzzzly) :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you know.....back to school tomarrow. We will be riding Norway trail system it looks like on Sunday if you want to go.

I hope that you got the valves done right on the rappy today. If there was any problems, let me know so i dont repeat them on the griz! lol

Hope to see ya on the weekend!

Jonathan

Old 08-26-2002, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Frogman,
How many people are going and where are you leaving from?
Are new guests invited?

Thanks

Old 08-26-2002, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I “should” have my Raptor back by this weekend.

Yeah you GIMP! j/k I'm not sure if he is planning on bringing his machines or not. Oh yea I’ll be there, I’ll be the back you’re staring at.

The guy at Wheels (great place) said he would try and get my bike fixed by this weekend, if the radiator comes in, I’ll keep you updated.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2002, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

frogman, i think donz just called you out!!!!
the back you'll be looking at, heehee. sounds to me like somebody's going to be racing the grizzly on the trails again, lol!
sure wish i could be there to see it all. i am planning a ride the weekend after. hope you all have fun, and keep it safe, ( well, as safe as frogman can be, heehee) good riding!!!

my pictures

Old 08-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Now Donz, as you and I both know, the last time I saw your back you were lying on it, wincing in pain and wallowing in agony with a mere broken collar bone and a couple of broken ribs. Tell you what, with that attitude your gonna be lying on it again with more broken parts! hehe Besides, da UP mud is gonna humble you a little. We aint gonna be in Kansas anymore! We gonna be in God's country, and god likes MUD!

Frogman, we got the valves done, we left his a little on the open side, but they should be good for quite a while now. We did mine also, it definately made an improvement, got some of that instant snort back again. My plug is also burning black again after removing that darn in-line fuel filter. Looks exactly the way yours did (before you sat in the creek that is!) Great tip about looking for the oiler hole in the cam, that works great! Anyway, I don't think I will be able to make it to the Norway ride, too far south from camp. If that ride doesn't happen though, come on up to camp, bring the wife and both machines, we will likely be doing a few short leisure/scenic rides around the area. Maybe we could show my dad and brother-in-law just how much better our Grizzly's are than their Rubicons! lol

Old 08-27-2002, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

That would be good for me.....i will have to let you know.

Do you have a cell phone for up there? i know when i was up there the reception SUCKED! You better have at least a 3 watt booster if you plan on using it up there or a BAG PHONE.

Let me know.

As for new comer's.....SURE.....we love to get the newbie's burry'd in da mudd, Eh!

Jonathan

Old 08-28-2002, 11:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

No cell phone coverage up there. We're leaving Friday afternoon, will be there in the wee hours of the morning Sat. Let me know of any changes, if they happen as soon as you can, or just show up, you know where I'll be. Likely gonna be back and forth between my parents property and the property on the other side of the lake all day, if we are not off on short rides close by.

I talked to my buddy with the Raptor yesterday, after he took the quad out for a real test ride he says it's never been faster and can't keep the front tires on the ground anymore. I also noticed that my Grizz now starts how it did when it was new, that is it starts very easily again, with little choke needed or warm up time and has nice throttle response again. No doubt in my mind anymore that valve tuning is critical in keeping these motors at their top performance. And to think I was getting ready to tear into the carb! well not really, I do still want the Grizz to run. hehe Later.