Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor pipes, which one? Hurry, I want to order tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not the trinity ?? 30 days money back guarantee and looks good. There isnt ANY pipe going to give you 14 HP trust me , I bought into the dirt wheels article and bought a CT.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I can give you the few you cant go wrong with... Yoshi, Trinity, Gytr, and Sparks.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like no one pipe is good enough to rise head and shoulders above the rest. The other question i wonder about is the noise on these things. i heard an alba, a gtyr and an fmf powercore 4. They were all loud as all hell. The only one that sounded both good and quiet was the trinity. from what i understand you have to have 16 or 18 discs on the ct to make anything close to the hp they promise. i can only think that that would sould like a foghorn in your ear.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

my choice for a slip on was the FMF powercore4 SA.
and i'm happy with it. it fit right on, no tweaking or swearing, looks great, and doesnt have that annoying bark my kids yoshi has. the cops watch him closely and ignore me! do not equate speed or power with noise.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
and I can add the powerbomb headpipie later if i want....
anyway, there are lots of good pipies, that was my choice and i am very happy with it.
enjoy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
to order, rocky mountain, or alba. chaparral pi$$ed me off for the last time...my wallet and i dont speak with them anymore!
oohh rocky mtn was reallt quick last week with parts for my blaster. impressive service.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Maddog56,

The Alba pipe with disks (12) is very quiet IMO. Has a nice deep sound to it. If they were useing the race tip (open) then yes it will be very loud. I have recently installed 6 more disks a total of 18 now and it is louder than befor but not to bad IMO.

Raptor8

I agree with you on Chaparral. I swear up and down I will never get anything from them again. But I always seem to go back. I live just a few minutes away from them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I will however, never buy a quad or motorcycle from them. They tack on lots of extra costs. I've known to many who have been screwed by them. 1 In particular. A 2002 stock Banshee over 7k out the door. Ouch.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

wshddr:
ouch! yeah, been waiting a week and a half for tires and wheels, and everttime i call i get the brushoff.
were i to pull that crap on someone, the boss would be climbing my back!
the folks at the other places were nice, so they get the cash!

yep now its tues eve and i called them again! 'well maybe tomorrow"
i swear theyre getting both barrels from me after i get them if i ever do!

Old 09-09-2002, 11:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

redskin,

i think it was the race setup. he had an alba 2002 raptor with paddles. the 16 year old kid brought his crew of friends to impress at a hill in Michigan. They left him alone however as stock raptors and banshees spanked him early and often. rider error IMO

Old 09-09-2002, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

You heard bad things about the ct like it is hard to tune. Other than that the pipe really kicks a$$. My friends all have different pipes such as yoshi, dmc etc. But no trinity pipes around here. And I by no means am ever the last one in the group. I have 3 friends with the ct and one of us are ussally out front[whos ever on that day].Don,t rule ct out of your decision. If you follow the specs you will get really good gains from this pipe.

-------------------------------------
2001 raptor, ct pipe, pro-flow foam,
razrs, tag x-5, 12 tooth front

Old 09-10-2002, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Go with the Alien. I had the CT and the Alien and had them Dynoed. Alien brought 6 more HP. The Fact Jack.

Old 09-10-2002, 12:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

white brothers

Quick Reply: Raptor pipes, which one? Hurry, I want to order tomorrow!