Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to get Raptor motor Bolts off??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I get off the stuck Allen cap motor bolts, to open up the hear cover? I got a few out with an allen wrench, but the others don't want to come out. ANy tricks, or good tools?

Also what is the torque specs for these bolts, the top motor mount, and the valve adjusted lock nut, and cam bolts?

What are the valve clearances?

Old 10-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Valve cleances are in the box[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I thinl you can go to yamaha of troy for the rest.

Old 10-07-2002, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hold on a second...you are putting a cam in..and you don't even know how to get the bolts off? You don't have a service manual?

Who wants to bet me money that he installs it wrong?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2002, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Hope you're not doing all this cause of me. I told you I would run diesel to even it up!!!LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2002, 02:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The only trick I know of that has worked for me is to use an allen socket with an extension, put it in as if you were going to take the bolt out and tap it(note I said tap) with a hammer. It loosens it up some how, at least it did for me.

Old 10-07-2002, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Yea, you want to buy yourself a set of Metric Allen Head sockets. THat will work fine. After I break them loose, then I go to my T-Handle wrenches.

Also make sure you take them off in a criss-cross pattern (and no, I'm not talking about those two little punk rappers). That is important so you don't get any kind of warpage.

I have some valve adjustment help for you at my "Mod Photos" page. Also, in my "Trinity" folder you can see what you are in for with your new cam.

Just one joke then I'll leave.........Just remember.......

Righty Tighty........Lefty Loosy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good Luck

Old 10-07-2002, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Hey RaptorRcR.........

I thought it was against "The Code" to hammer a fellow ATPT Member??

That was rule #1 for membership in the COMPOUND.

Old 10-07-2002, 02:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Greg- in the end it is every man for himself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2002, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] OK......good, since we all know this is just for fun. There is something that I have been meaning to tell you 14mins.

I'm not exactly sure that I completely comfortable with you refering to my (our) ********* in your signiture line. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] How about perhaps a Planter wart, or something a little less.......shall we say......TABOO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2002, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

<< OK......good, since we all know this is just for fun. There is something that I have been meaning to tell you 14mins.

I not exactly sure that I completely comfortable with you refering to my (our) ********* in your signiture line. How about perhaps a Planter wart, or something a little less.......shall we say......TABOO!
>>

LMFAO! I second this![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Adam How do you plan on dialing this new cam in?

Quick Reply: How to get Raptor motor Bolts off??