Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Must Read: Stang SVT abused by mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must Read: Stang SVT abused by mechanic

My dad took my brothers Lil Red Express in for a new flywheel, and ended up getting a whole new trans. The mechanic went to test drive it after installing the flywheel and he threw it into reverse doing 60mph. Tore the trans in half. Guess he thought it was like the old fords where you could throw them in reverse and back down to drive to back flush it. Why would you even test drive a truck after installing a flywheel? Just crank it and if it doesnt make any unusual noises it should be fine.

Old 10-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

You have to check out the thread stats on those mustang boards. The bragging post has close to 500,000 views!

RM

Old 10-11-2002, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

In a way though she was asking for it. How else can you see if a 390hp beast is low on power if you dont have a dyno? Besides, ford said when they were making it they wanted it to be able to take 500 drag strip starts with no breakage, they started testing and gave up after 1500. One or two more little starts on two her number isint going to hurt.

Thats when you go back and edit that sucker to say NT ASAP before the judge of the small claims court reads it. But i worked at the same place as bandit and i would never buy a car from there, or any car from a used car dealership. Ever seen somone redline a 2001 intrepid in nuetral then throw it into drive? i have. Ever seen somone make an extended van bus do a burnout while pushing the front wheels? not a pretty sight. On a side note, 80% of the chryslers up there would die when idling if you didnt give them some gas, and they were all 2000+ year models. Chevys were the same but a much lower precent, maybe 30%.

Old 10-11-2002, 04:17 PM
Trailblazer

I can't beleive how many forums that thread made it to

Old 10-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, Patrick, I can't believe you posted that.... that is just wrong....

That is the VERY REASON why when I bought my Raptor, I told the dealer that no one was to ride it. I picked it up the day it came in, and I may have been a little **** about it, but I was the one shelling out $6800 for the first Raptor he got-- not some dip$hit tech that wants to throw a leg over it.

I'm glad that Ford tech got canned, and I hope that she wrings every last penny out of him. Whether or not any permanent damage was done, that is an abuse of trust that isn't easily forgiven, let alone forgotten.

Old 10-12-2002, 01:16 AM
The Facility

ROOSTKING,

From every comment that I have seen you post in the past year regarding me, I wouldn't take your quad in for work anyway. Funny that every post you make with my name is always written to be a personal attack of sorts. You want to get me fired?? LOL.....Go ahead. Better turn the volume down on the phone before you call.

Take this weld and..............

Funny Funny Funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

AlaskaYFM,
I never said that I approve of such actions......Just stating what I have seen first hand in my years at the dealerships........Just like you also said.

The sportbike comment was based on experiences that we face every week. Someone has a problem with the bike at a certain RPM and/or speed. WE test it to duplicate the problem and then the guy bitches about how we are running the bike.

I am a speed freak when it comes to Mustangs, so don't take the V6 comment to heart. It's just that in MY opinion......anything less than 80mph in a Cobra IS abuse.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2002, 05:49 AM
Pro Rider

being a sportscar freak myself i had to comment here. i've got two trans-ams. one is over the hill but still babied. the other is a new ram-air that is modded up and very powerful but very babied. right now the ram-air is in the shop for minor bumper cap repair from a hydroplane at a low speed. and i've lost sleep worrying about someone thrashing my ride after it's repaired. these guys could take my ride and do some bunouts without a care but, they won't have to replace the $1600 p275/40/17s that go on the car. they also don't pay $1700 a year insurance. and they didn't shell out $31000 for the car to start with. all this money being spent is enough to make most people appreciate their ride and not want it abused.
if my car was like my raptor it wouldn't bother me so bad. (idon't take my car to the lake bottom and jump hills and go through mudholes) but it would still iritate me. if someone takes out your ride and thashes it, tears something up and brings it back you may not notice it at first. then slowly you will and then proving they did it would be impossible.
i guess it's kinda like your little brother...you can give him hell but no one else better mess with him.
believe it or not my car has never been over 100 (that i know of) but people naturally assume you thash it because it's made for speed. which wouldn't be far off. that's why insurance for sportscars is so high. there are exceptions.
but if you come into a shop griping about a "shimmy" at 140mph, don't freak out when the guy has to get it up to speed to see what you mean. and if you come off as a "thrasher" your rides gonna suffer.
but honestly those guys would have hell to pay from me. (mustang or not) hehe.
Special Vehicle Team[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Knowalot,
Not personal attacks, just calling your bluff. At any rate, I wouldnt bring my quad into your shop, (especially now) as you may want see how it runs, without my permission. Plus ive got a kick *** engine builder. Its all good I wouldnt bring my bike to ANY dealership, they are owned and operated my morons, with morons as workers for the most part. If you say it happens so often, what are you doing to stop it"within" the industry, or are you part of the problem?

Cry babies.
This above statement right there means you dont value your customers, glad ill never be one.

RoostKing...

Old 10-12-2002, 01:52 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I don't think all dealerships are bad. What would we do if we didn't have them? I am not going over to Japan for the next Banshee purchase.

Some customers want the techs to run there machines hard to find the problem at hand.

There is two dealerships in our local that work very hard at retaining a customer base and go out of there way to achieve it.

Chet
VP Knowsalot Facility

Old 10-12-2002, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

I think they are bad, we get to pay for their advertising, their assembly fees, their employees, their pension, their offices, and all other overhead. I would like it a lot better if we just bought them and had them shipped in crates. If you cant put it together then thats your bad and you can pay extra to have it shipped assembled.

Mechanics and Techs I have no problems with though, I really doubt theyd do anything to it i already havent or already havent let friends do on it.

Quick Reply: Must Read: Stang SVT abused by mechanic