Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pics of Dyna CDI box for raptor??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 12:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of Dyna CDI box for raptor??

Anybody on here want to post a installed pic of the dyna rev box. I would like to see what it looks like. Thanks

Old 10-15-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Dyna FS

Just a photo not installed. I cant find one either, just yet!

Old 10-16-2002, 12:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Anfused- thanks for the pic. I talked to scott the other day at dyna. If i heard correctly (cell phones) that yamaha raptors ignition is somehow different than most others, hence the delay in the box. They have to overcome some problems. I think jon, Raptor720 has tested a box for Harry at Trinity. Harry and dyna are the only known guinea pigs at this point. I was just wondering what it looked like installed in the raptor. Same Size, easy to adjust etc. Any installed pics?????

Old 10-16-2002, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is there one for the 02-03 Raptor? It only showed for 01 models.

Old 10-16-2002, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

is the increase worth the $400? what is the increase anyway?

Old 10-16-2002, 05:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I am about to decide it is not worth it. Built right you do not need. I feel it is mainly for the alky guys anyway. I am starting to break parts left and right. I know that it is put together right cause Bob is like a surgeon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We beef up everything as we go. I am afraid to switch to alky for not knowing what will go next. It is pretty dam fast on race gas now. This subject has kinda of died after raptor720 talked a little about it 3 months ago. Others claim to have them on there raptors but everybody at dyna tells a different story. I doubt that it is a top secret thing because dyna would like to sell them if they have them or are building them. Anyway i am finally happy where i am at. Catch me if you can, if you do my hat is off to you.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I believe 14mins is right, most of the guys I know that have them on the 2001 rappy and 400ex are running alcohol. My buddy just had a whole in his piston last month on the Raptor but he said it was running to lean.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Guys, if the dyna for the raptor is anything like their banshee ignition, it is worth buying. However, if you can wait a couple of months, wait until their dealers get them. From dyna the banshee ignition is $380. I ordered mine from pro-flo for $280. If you haven't read my previous posts (search for "my review of the banshee dyna ignition), this ignition is awesome. The customer service is great also. I am trying to find the time to install the box on my TT bike and line it out. I had my first one on there and went from a 330 main jet with stock box, to a 400 main with the dyna, and the ignition was acting up. On the pump gas piped play bike, I went from a 270 to a 330.

I am sure the raptor igntion will be just like their others. There is a pigtail with a small box with 2-2 postion dip switches. To change from one timing curve to another, simply put the switches in different postitions. I haven't got my programming kit yet, but when I do I can use a PC to map out any timing curve I want. This will be great because you can map it to your powerband. They can install throttle postion dependant circuits. At certain throttle positions, the box can revert to a different timing curve. Also, they can add another circuit that will change your timing curve when electricity is sent through it. Such as when N2O is activated.

All the dyna igntions plug directly in and bolt to the stock mounting positions. The banshee box is quite a bit smaller than the stock one, so dyna supplies a good quality mounting bracket with rubber padding.

I am impressed with mine and will soon order another so I don't have to keep swapping it between bikes. My friends MSD can't compare.

Old 10-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know a Raptor owner who has one. But it would be nice to be able to retard the ignition when running NOS! I'm going to get one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

you are right but I have not seen it first hand. Mine is on order [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Pics of Dyna CDI box for raptor??