Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster info needed. Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 11:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster info needed. Need help.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I have a 2000 model Yamaha Blaster that has been bored with a Pro-X piston, Pro-Circuit Platinum pipe, K&N filter with a stock carb that has a 280 main jet. I also have no air box cover, with the stock spark plug NGK B8ES with a Boyesen Rad Valve. In the future I will be adding a Reed Spacer and a Roost Boost ignition booster, and later a Boost Bottle. First of all how do you recommend the following items, and how have they worked for you? Also what do you suggest the size of Reed Spacer should I use? Also what type of plug with the above set up?

Pro-X piston,
Pro-Circuit Platinum pipe,
Boyesen Rad Valve,
Reed Spacer,
Boost Bottle,
Roost Boost Ignition Booster,

P.S. The pipe does sound really good and I have gotten nothing but comments from people on it but, sound is one thing and performance is another.

Old 10-28-2002, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

hey thats sounds pretty good i cant say i know how those items are they sound good i know alot of ppl that use them.. cept that roost boost ignition thing.. what the heck is that?

Old 10-29-2002, 12:09 AM
Range Rover

All I know is it is some sort of Ingnition booster. Sort of like the MSD system you see on cars and trucks. Well at least that is what I think. I was hopeing someone on here could tell me more about it and the other items listed. To me my Blaster is just too slow. Trying to get it faster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2002, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

i don't know if the boost bottle really does anything if you want more power i would suggest porting and a bigger carb

Old 10-29-2002, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

did you change air filters? your alt? Toomey recommends a 310 main with his pipe, and needle 3rd step down
i have a reed spacer but havent really noticed any diff as i installed it before i changed the pipe.
and boyesen reeds, again i cant tell ya if they do any good because of the order i installed the stuff. but there's a slug of blaster ppl around......join the club!

porting is popular, and somebody mentioned a water cooled head the other night....hmmmmm......[ears perked]
in development i guess...
get rid of the stock tires, lots od ppl go to 20" or 18" reasr with a 14t sprkt.
i went with 20s and 14t and like it.
oops sorry now i see ya have a k/n. i dont know about boost bottles...have heard both ways about them.
would stay with the stock plug.
ignition booster? hey, a spark is a spark. 20k or 50k, the gas is still goin' off. one way you're poorer. hehe
have fun and welcome to the site! we are workin on a blaster club.....and site........stay tuned!

Old 10-29-2002, 01:38 AM
Trailblazer

I was the one talking about the liquid cooled head.

The kid I met worked at a local Play it again sports, I just happened to be heading out to ride and stopped in and he saw my bike, said he paid 80$ for the head/Radiator on E-bay.

I will try and get info,pictures as soon as I can. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2002, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

ooooh that would be COOL if its true.....
JUST whats needed to stabilize combustion temp, summer and winter it will help.

PLEEEEEZZZ let me know dude! i hope he wasnt BSin ya!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2002, 02:58 AM
Range Rover

Porting and a bigger carb will most likely come at a later date. As for the water cooled head I could have purchased one in the past pretty cheap, real cheap, from a guy who made it home made. But for some reason I did not trust it. Maybe because it was too cheap. lol Still thinking about it though. I would have to get a radiator from another bike. As for the stock tires that's a big Hell Yea, I agree, I got rid of those,...... gone,......... history! I have a new set of Razors on the back with Douglas rims, and a new set of Bandits on the front. Right now it has a 13t sprkt on front and a 40t sprkt on the back. I am in need of a 14t sprkt. If anyone has one let me know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I just replaced the O-ring chain with a new one and just finished the axle bearings. I always use 93 Oct. pump gas. That is all their is around here locally. I am still using the oil injection system. Oh I forgot there is one place that sells 125 Oct. and 150 Oct. Pump gas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] CAN YOU SAY POWER!. I thought about using the 125 Oct. but I was not for sure it was a good idea to use it in my quad. Any suggestions? I did not notice any difference in performance when I installed the Rad Valve, In fact it is harder to start now. It used to start on the 2nd or 3rd kick. Now with the Rad Valve it starts on the 7th or 8th kick with a new plug. As for the plug the guys over at Boyesen said to use a stock 8 heat range of plug perhaps in an EV or EG series. I am not sure because Yamaha said to stay with the stock spark plug NGK B8ES. The plug is set at stock gapping. Oh yea the guys over at Boyesen also said, <u>"Most of all be safe." </u> What the heck do they think I am going to do with the quad?.........Maybe I will die of depression because the damn thing won't go any faster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Blaster club.....and site, sounds good, show me the front of the line. I'm their! HEhehe. Now don't get me wrong I love Shees, but Blasters are a Blast. Just toooooooo damn slooooow.

GIVE ME SPEED OR GIVE ME DEATH!