Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Drags: What's your launching techniques?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drags: What's your launching techniques?

dsmike, that is one fast four stroke you got there!
I havent seen any four strokes around here in NC running like that. Do you spray?
Around here, Banshees are the only things running sixes and sevens.
We have a banshee runing high sixes but have over $10k in it too.
I might build the Raptor next year. I just installed a cam and havent ran it yet with the cam. I think it helped a little. Maybe a tength. Send me a pic of that ds or video if you have. Thats flying! Ive got a friend that built his ds and hes disgusted, It only turns 8:90's. He might like to see that thing of yours.
Later,
Shock

Old 12-11-2002, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

i haven't used NOS yet. i have akit but never installed it. i would rather not use it. i like to run on horsepower.

i'm pretty sure that my bike will do a 7.3(hoping for a 7.2). i broke my leg and never took the bike back to the strip.

what 60' times does your banshee get? does it use a wheelie bar?

Old 12-11-2002, 12:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Shockwave- DSmike is for real. Around here is fast. As fast or faster than a full meal deal pammi 760 with dual carbs on alky fast. I think the turbo DS has him covered in the 1/8 but not the 300"

I saw we make DSmike(steve) a hononary Yamaha forum member. His DS HAS YAMAHA PARTS ON IT????????

bESIDES THE SCHOOL BUS FORUM IS BORING!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2002, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

Good sixty fts man! we only get 1:50's with the Banshee! we run a ten inch swingarm with slicks. We pretty much have to spin it out the whole or stand straight up. No wheelie bar yet. Sometimes wheelie bars help but sometimes they take traction off the rear and slow you. There are guys down here running 5"90's and 6"20's without wheelie bars or have them for back up in case they stand up and cant get out the throttle. I guess its up to your set up and your quad. Whateevr is fastest. A slipping centrifugal clutch(slider) for the banshee is awesome but high dollar! We are doing a override soon. That will help my son to hold on better! He says he is sliding off the whole time now! We need a picture forum here so we can see each others quads. We just went to alcohol too. Cold weather right now keeps us from running till spring though. LAter
Shock

Old 12-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We need a picture forum here so we can see each others quads.
Click on Gallery to see evryone elses rides or on my page to sart your own.

Old 12-11-2002, 04:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Pull out in as high of a gear as possible without loosing wheelspin or bogging. After launch, get too the rear of the seat as quick as possible without the front end going over a couple of feet in the air. The front end is up and you have all the weight on the rear tires for max hook-up. Try too ride this sweet spot for as long as possible.....usually 2nd or 3rd gear. Practice makes perfect.....a lot is too be gained with a perfect start.

Old 12-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

SHOCKWAVE- i have another DS that i will be running this weekend.(if the motor gets back) i will running stock swingarm(probably with a wheelie bar for safty) it should go 7's in the 1/8.

i will video it for you. i would run my other one but 2nd gear is out. i don't think it would do good taking out in 3rd.

14MINS your right about the DS forum.

P.S. i do have a banshee to.