Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trip to the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2000, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took an hour or so off from work to go down to My local dealer for some tune up supplies.

Now ....My dealer is nowhere near quick at providing service...So As I'm standing in line waiting for my turn...I Over hear a conversation Between the guy at the parts counter and this lady and a 12 or so year old kid.

Apparently the kid bent his axel on his 99 Blaster and wanted a replacement...So the dealer spits out a price of $324 to replace the axel with the same stock axel.....
My eyes almost popped...So I had to butt in....

I told them not get the axel from the dealer, but instead go get a durablue for alot less....and end up with a better/lighter axel....

The lady blew up at me....telling me to mind my own this and that....But with alot of cursing and not so good tact. With her spoiled little son...just standing there grinning.

Was I wrong?....even the dealer agreed with me...though he could not get a durablue for her.

I guess thats what I get for butting in.

Oh by the way....the axel was not bent from riding the wheeler......The lady said it just happened sitting in the garage..... she wanted it replaced for nothing.

Oh well...thats my story for the day.

Old 04-05-2000, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer

Don't you just love people like that?

You are probably right about the aftermarket piece...many times aftermarket parts are cheaper AND better than factory parts. Obviously, this lady was just lying to get some free parts. Some people would call that stealing...

Well, I guess your revenge will be that this rude lady will have to over pay for an inferior part!

Hey, maybe if she puts it back in the garage, it will magically bend back? lol

Old 04-05-2000, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

It is people like this that pi$$ me off. That is why I can't get stuff that goes wrong on my atv covered under warranty because people like this lie. If the people tell the truth than yamaha might not be so hesitant in warranting stuff that is an actual problem.

Or maybe a tree fell on the garage then I would understand. LMOA!!!

Old 04-05-2000, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

You now what i agree totally *u*king people like that really bother me. Someone should kick her.
Whatever she wont live a happy life if thats how she goes about it.

Old 04-06-2000, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

First off Id like to say that lady was a bitch! Pardon my french! I hate people like that! And to set the records straight I value people like you that try and help out like that! Personally if that woulda been me ( i dont think my axle woulda bent by sitting in the garage) but anyhow I woulda got the aftermarket part! All I have to say is good for you! And even though the lady wasnt nice enough to say anything to yah thanks for offering advice! =- )

P.S. Stupid people in this world! Sheesh!

'99 Wolverine SuperTrapp pipe, UNI filter, Custom Jetting, skidplate, UFO Handguards

'00 Warrior Skidplate + Bumper

Old 04-06-2000, 02:32 PM
Range Rover

there has got to be more to this story than is told.. hmmmmm

first of all.. bent axles are not and will never be covered by warranty. warranty is a coverage for manufacturing defects or shortcomings. outside influences don't count.

Second, If the part is to be covered by warranty, it's the Technition's call.. not the consumer. The parts department wouldn't (unless they enjoy going out of bussiness from in experenced people running their business) give a part to be covered under warranty, over the counter.

but.. a Warranty issue wasn't mentioned in this orginal story, it was the reaction of this woman to a person being nice and offering help.

which is why I said.. there's got to be more to this story than is told.... "and that's about all I's got to say bout dat" <in a Forrest Gump voice>

Old 04-06-2000, 02:55 PM
Trailblazer

I think we all just assumed the lady wanted some warrenty work when the original post said, "she wanted it replaced for nothing"

Old 04-06-2000, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

She forgot to mention that while the quad was sitting in the garage that she screwed up and ran into it with her car bending the axle.

Old 04-07-2000, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Yeh, I don't know the rest of the story...I myself just read between the lines...Figuring they messed up somehow and wanted a freebee....

I rely on my dealer for parts/supplies...since they are only about a few blocks from my house.

I don't need people like that ruining it, so I don't get a break from time to time....

I kinda walked in the store right in the middle of the battle.... I believe the counter guy was prolly not to pleased with me for offering the advice ( since they get paid on commission...of course they are going to sell the more costly part). It was just a story, and I thought I would share it.