Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

preator was real impresive

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default preator was real impresive

i was out the river today and got to see 2 preators run. they ran very strong. they was killing piped raptors and banshee's.

one of them had a pipe and the other was all stock.

i think the ones everyone been seeing losing had sorry drivers.

Old 01-06-2003, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

I think the same. They do feel stronger then a stock raptor. When the preator was down at the track and we switched i was beating the stock raptor pretty good. 50% rider 25% hp 25% suspension and set-up. What do you think?

Old 01-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

Hmmm Im waiting for the bickering to begin. Perhaps the Raptor and banshee were poorly tunend??? and they had sorry drivers???

This comparison is kind of like looking at dyno numbers on the same motor from two different engine builders it will always be different no matter what anyone says.

Buy the quad you like build it to suit you gather up some friends, and bottom line go have FUN. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

IMO it all depend to the riders,bike set up and the area of ridings..... each bike have neg and pos in different area of riding....... Same for the riders too.

Old 01-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

i was at the river were it only drag racing. everyone there can race really well. i would say that the riders would be the same.

i'm not saying the the preator can blow the raptors away, they are just winning by alittle. it seems that the rev out alittle more.

i think that crafty is right about the rider being most of it.

Old 01-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

First you say they were killing piped Raptors, then you say they weren't blowing them away, make up your mind. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I guess that means stock and piped DS's wouldn't even be in the same area at the end of a drag race with a "Preator" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] double[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey Crafty, did you are 14mins ever drag?

Old 01-06-2003, 10:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was at the drag strip with DSmike also , and that damn Preditor is WAY to close for comfort. If their are ANY doubters in the area of south eatern Oklahoma with pipe, jetted Rappys,DS's,and Banshee's the Predators are usually at Whitefield(river) most every weekend.

All I can say is Good luck, and gear down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 01-06-2003, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately, I was getting beat by a stock pred out at Patton hill (sand dunes - Glamis stuff). I could simply not get through the whoops as fast and lost a lot of speed. Once we were both out of the whoops I was almost reeling him in but we stayed consistantly apart. Basically going the same speed up the face of the hill. He got me by 1-2 bike lengths every time.

Dollar-for-dollar the pred is impressive. Rider has A LOT to do with it too and I'm no pro at running the hills !

Old 01-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Raced one last weekend at Domont and i took him all three times up comp,Yea i guess your right must be the rider!JK

Quick Reply: preator was real impresive