Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor: Direct shifter / lowered foot pegs.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor: Direct shifter / lowered foot pegs.

I want to do away with the sloppy shifter linkage and use a direct shifter lever. I've seen many advertised but it seems that the stock foot peg arrangement would get in the way.

Do you need to replace the stock footpegs to use one of the aftermarket direct shifter levers ?

Also, if the foot pegs are replaced what about the heel guards - will they still bolt-up.

Can anyone recommend combo that bolts on without any trouble ?

Thanks

Old 01-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

i went with the pro-desing shifter...slipped right on no problems with pegs,guards or nerfs...i was looking a the Gytr shifter but that still had the ridiculous linkage set-up. no thanks.

anyways, i like it fine what i would say is, its not as adjustable without the linkage so you have to be happy with the few positions to choose from. I guess after you have ridden (if that a word) it awhile..you would have a better idea of how high/low you want it...you could then have someone put a slight bend in it dial it in. i where winter boots when it gets cold so i'm happy with the fit. if i strictly raced...i would have had it bent for the custom fit.

hope this helps

Old 01-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

The Pro Design shifter and the Roll Design shifter will fit with the stock foot pegs. I have the pro and my Bud has the roll.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2003, 01:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor660RNH
i went with the pro-desing shifter...slipped right on no problems with pegs,guards or nerfs...i was looking a the Gytr shifter but that still had the ridiculous linkage set-up. no thanks.anyways, i like it fine what i would say is, its not as adjustable without the linkage so you have to be happy with the few positions to choose from. I guess after you have ridden (if that a word) it awhile..you would have a better idea of how high/low you want it...you could then have someone put a slight bend in it dial it in. i where winter boots when it gets cold so i'm happy with the fit. if i strictly raced...i would have had it bent for the custom fit.hope this helps
I like too ride with my shifter height at the top of the peg......is the Pro Design much higher?

Old 01-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

who's shifter has the best price?? Someone said on ebay the sell one for like $35 who's that one???

Old 01-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

I just put the Pro Design on my quad. It feels real good, but the price hurts...79.95

Old 01-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

i got the ims shifter on ebay for $30.00 it is direct connect and also has a spring loaded tip works great no modifacation's needed

Old 01-15-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

i got the pro design and i like it, except it's kinda half way between. either too high or too low.
plus i have a keen shiny spot on my boot now.
I'm gonna dip the end in plasti-dip, thatll make it larger around [height solution] and stop eroding away on my boot [shiny spot]

the throw is a hair longer, but its nice to fine neutral right away. no more dinkin around hunting for it. worth it!

have fun! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

had the pro design direct shifter on my raptor for 5 minutes and sent it back. imo it definitely is a more solid feel when shifting, but the distance betwen gears is about twice the amount. i am thinking of getting the umi setup. it still has the linkage, but has a stronger setup.umi link

Old 01-16-2003, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Could someone who replaced the stock shift linkage/shifter set-up with a direct shift lever post a picture. Im having a hard time visualizing how it would clear the foot peg braket thing. Especially the place where the stock lever pivots.

Thanks, Eric

Quick Reply: Raptor: Direct shifter / lowered foot pegs.