Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

i need Warrior mod help need to beat a Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need Warrior mod help need to beat a Z

ok here it is guys i own a 2003 warrior and i love it i got it back in nov. and today was my firend bday and he got a suzuki z400 i know my warrior wont beat it and i want to know if it is possible to make a warrior beat a Z without doing any motor work to the warrior... so if i get a T-4 pipe or a supertrapp pipe..K&N filter/powerkit with outerwares... and go up to a 15 tooth front sproket do u think i would beat him? or what else do i need with out going intot he motor... tahnx in advance

Old 01-22-2003, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

Well depends on what you are trying to beat him at????? DRAG i am guessing but T4 sounds good with K&N filter and **** like that.......all that stuff you said was good but you will have to do some work to motor maybe a dyno jet kit and ask some warrior people whats the best racing pistons to get for your warrior and you will luv your atv even more

I still wouldn't know if that would beat the Z but if hes braggin on how his is sooo fast just remember Z's s#ck a$$ HAHA!

Old 01-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

hey dude where do you live in IWOA too???????? maybe i can race him?

Old 01-22-2003, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Short of spending $2500+ in motor mods you're not gonna beat a Z with a Warrior. Even at that level of modding it's a crap shoot as to whether or not you'll be able to do it. NO pipe will even you up even with a jet kit and other minor mods. Your only option is to sell the Warrior and buy a faster machine or just accept he can beat you and enjoy your ride. The Warrior is a great machine and a fun ride but it will not be competitive with the new 400's.

Old 01-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

yea well i think is i know he can beat me but this is his 1st sport quad he has had.. if i can beat him off the line i am happy which iwht my expirecnce i probly could... but i have a stock 2003 so i think im going to go with the cheap route and try a supertrapp ids2 pipe. kn filter with outerware and kn jet kit. drill holes in the air box... and gear it a little higher...
i live near iowa city iowa

Old 01-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

Powroll has just the stuff for you. it wont cost $2500 but it will be more than half that... and you will beat your Z...

Old 01-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

the thing is i dont want to spend 1000+ just to beat a z for in a few years after i get the money saved up and get a new car or truck and then comes the new honda or a raptor and then u cant get any bigger I HOPE!! and then u mod the heck out of it... i was hoping to spend 3-400$$ for pipe filter jets sprockets and beable to beat a z off the line and keep up with one for a lil bit any way

Old 01-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

You could always trade off for an older Banshee then beat him up bad.

Old 01-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

well if i trade it i will get a raptor or if honda comes out with there new quad that or why woudl i get a Shee when i can get my uncles stock '87 R

Old 01-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Even as much of a warrior supporter i am its not really that reachable of a goal. ive ran a few z's and shee's and i know u might as well give that crap up, because theres no way u can get a holeshot on him, a newb rider could pull a halfway decent holeshot with one, im sorry but it isnt happenin.

-Ryan-

Quick Reply: i need Warrior mod help need to beat a Z