Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Riding with Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 06:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding with Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that my wife and I have been married for 21 years and I really enjoy riding with her as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2003, 06:35 AM
Trailblazer

Dude my wife didn't want to ride but would give me a hard time. I told her I would teach her and start her out slow,but no good. She Finally saw how close me and a female friend of mine were when it came to riding and she rememberd one thing I always told her. If she didn't want to ride or learn how to ride that I would find someone else. She has been riding with for about 10 yrs and we have a great time. She started out on a 250 4X4 Quadrunner and she now rides a 95 Kawaski 400 4X4. Just don't be a pest about it but don't give up.

Been There Done That!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2003, 06:39 AM
Trailblazer

Jen,
You sound like alot of fun you can ride with us anytime. If you ever happen to be in upstate NY you are always welcome. Ther are a few guys in our club I would love to see you put away hahahahahahaha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Well if i'm ever up NY way i'll look you up man. Maybe some you guys need to come teach these Texas guys a thing or two about riding with women folk. Granted it's nice to have a little man help when you get lodged in a hole down a long trail. But equally i have helped pull some of my male counterparts out of holes too. Give and take I guess. I'm probably a little too competitive sometimes for my own good, but man is it fun!

Old 02-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

I've been trying to get my wife into riding for months. She didn't want to get "dirty". Well I finally got her on a bike and now can't get her off. She loves to ride and dune. She's even got a fox shirt that says "I love dirt" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer

Glad to hear it, its good to hear that the wife or girlfriend or both (as long as one don't find out about the other) ahahah Just kiding has the same interest. I always told my wife, I dig a chick that drives a pickup and rides a 4 wheeler and as far as I am concerned my wife looks good behind the wheel of my Chevy 1 ton dually or on her 4 wheeler.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Jen, thanks for the reply, I am headin for bed. I work midnights so I gotts crash now, but I'll be online around 3am. I now that is kinds of late for a lot of folks but for us who work midnights it's pretty much 1/2 way through my shift. Chat with yall later. ( I used to live in Calif and that yall slips out every once in a while)
Seeeeeeeeeee Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

ATVPILOT, I appreciate your comments. My children are still what I would consider "babies" and I don't get into leaving them. If I can't take my kids I don't go. I will go for a day not past two and I have to be in phone contact with them. I went riding one time just to get everyone off my back and I ended up liking it but my children come first before anything else. That is the way my husband and I were both raised and he supports me 100%. Once they become old enough to ride, like your daughter, then we can make this a family sport. In this day and age common curtousy is a thing of the past so until my kids can look out for other drivers and we can teach them to drive defensively as well as offensively then will not ride outside the perimeters of our yard. I have almost gotten hit by kids goofing off due to lack of proper driving and no supervision by a responsible adult. Looks like you don't have to worry about that because sounds like you have educated your children and wife well on riding. Too bad not everyone takes the time to do that.

Hats off to You!

Rhonda V

Old 02-05-2003, 05:15 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

My two best friends and I go riding everyweekend with our wives. They all ride fast machines, they all jump , they all climb hills. We love riding together. I agree that its nice to get away with the guys and go riding, but its nice to bring the chicks too. If we didn't bring the chicks it would be alot harder to get away as much as we do, it would be hard to buy alll the stuff for the quads, and if its fun to fix up one machine, its a blast to have two to fix up. And if your chick is under 100#, its fun to put her on yours and watch her beat faster machines. This is a little cheesy but, riding together has probably kept us tighter, instead of coming between us. Get your women a ride and take them, be patient, give them advice, and NEVER EVER get mad at them for getting it stuck, rolling it over, or anything like that. Just show them what to do next time, girls aren't like guys, they will listen and they don't think their way of doing it is the only one. The best 6k I ever spent was on the 03z400 I got for theo (the old lady).

Old 02-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought 2 new quads for my wife and me, after a year and a half of bugging her. We are going to ride Saturday, only the second time riding together. I also told her when i bought them that I would make it important that i just don't go off and leave her on weekends, which is only fair.

Quick Reply: Riding with Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!