Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee clutch replacement. Help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee clutch replacement. Help please

I was replacing my water pump impeller when i found a little tab in the bottom of the case. So i inspected around to see where it came form and it was one of the "fingers" on the end of the clutch fibers. This So i guess i am replaceing the clutch fibers. Does anyone know of a place that sells clutch kits for a fairly good price? And also is there any special tools i will need to so this?
Thanks for any info.

Old 02-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

HOw about EBC's clutch kits? Anyone ever use them, they are cheaper then any others i've seen.

Old 02-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd just stick with OEM for right now. There is a new shop off the freeway by broadway i believe the name is thorstons? or something like that. If not BJ's will have it or angelo's. You can always get raped by SLO motorsports too if you'd like.

Old 02-09-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't think Thorsens would have them, they would have to order it. San Luis Motorsports would rape me as well as BJs, so i was gonna order one. I will probably stick wit OEM, i've heard its the best

Old 02-10-2003, 08:11 AM
Pro Rider

OEM being the best? I burnt my oem out a little too quick. I would be hitting gears, and it would slip like a mad man. Although your looking for something cheaper, I say go with Trinity, take a look at their banshee clutch plates.. they are 150 bucks, but for me, they were worth it!!

-nick

Old 02-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

I am using a Barnett clutch with the springs and have no problems at all with it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

I have tried alot of differnt clutchs in my bike. And I have found that Versah works the best. I put a set of dirt diggers in and they did not last long at all. The Trinitys are good also. They are a YZ490 clutch plate.

Old 02-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

I am with DaBeechMan, OEM is the only way to go. THey are more expensive, but last longer and bite harder. Don't use the Barnett Springs!!!! They were the cause of clutch problems in my 250x (and 14mins raptor). Go with OEM YZ490 springs. I have them in both of my banshees.

Old 02-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You guys ever play with the toomie springs. I guess they make a spring and they have more spring tention then any other spring out there? Just wondering. I run a lock up so i dont have to deal with these sorts of clutch problems. But just trying to help. Also YZF. If you need a clutch and dont have the bucks, i have a really good connection with Power House up in Paso if you want OEM

Old 02-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I ordered a barnett clutch kit and i will probably run yz490 springs. Hope it woks out good. Thanks for the offer Dabeechman.
And thanks for all the other info guys.

Quick Reply: Banshee clutch replacement. Help please