Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Chevy or Ford??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy or Ford??????

We may not all agree on what truck to drive but at least we agree on quads!! YAMAHA FOREVER!!! YAY!!

Old 02-21-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

CHEVY RULES

Old 02-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Well said GYTR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YamahaChad
Matt - My girlfriend owns and drives a Toyota..
My experience with Toyota, Lets see there was $1,200 for the Head gasket $850 for the clutch in the 6 months since we have been dating.
Yes it has 140,000 miles on it ,
But it also will not pull it's way out of a wet paper bag.
I can tell you have never tried to maintain 70-75 MPH up hill on the interstate with your Toyota.
Let alone have something in the box that weights more then 20 pounds.
I recently had the privledge of trying to drive across the country in a 97' Toyota V-6 towing 2 Raptors on a snowmobile trailer.
(down to second gear in some of the mountain's Montana.) Thank god there was no headwind.
Well, lets see...... the 1200 dollar head gasket is a factory recal. If you didnt know that, well... congrats.
Go claim your 1200 bucks from toyota. (we did! no questions asked) The clutch, yes.. 140K miles on a clutch
will call for a replacement. No doubt about it. (mine lasted 166K, and was replaced when the motor was overhauled)

Yes, the 3.0 isnt that strong... but it always does get the job done without complaint.... every time!
And guess what... its reliable!! Cant really say that for the Chev...

ps. I cruise to Glamis with my Zilla (and all fuel and equip) in the back at 80-85MPH no problem...
whats wrong with that?

-Matt

Old 02-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Range Rover

Yamahachad, you are incorrect about the 64 ford thunderbolts. They did not have the sohc motor, they were produced with the 427 side oiler engine. The sohc "cammer" was never actually put in any chassis. The only way to get the engine was to put in a resume' to ford and they would decide if they wanted you to have it. The engines were distributed to the faithful and successful ford drag racing programs after nascar prohibited their use on oval tracks, the program was dropped after only a few years because of the cost of producing the monster engine and that drag racing was considered "small time racing" at the time with very little publicity.

Old 02-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

CHEVY..............

Old 02-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: quadwarrior02
aa demon why show up with a vette when a camaro ss can take the job. ford put that supercharger on the cobra cuz it couln'dt beat the SS. now if chevy put a supercharger on a camaro, well then you cobra just turned into a worm

I've got a quick little naturally aspriated 99 Cobra for your Vette or SS or ???. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Unfortunately Chevy nolonger has a Camaro to put a supercharger on.

Oh yeah, FORD all the way!!!

Old 02-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

DEMON DS again, you must not have heard the new Cummins. It is quieter than both the Duramaxipad and the PS 6.0. I'd know, I have a new Cummins, and have had it next to both. I actually wish it was a bit louder. People think it's 'just' a Hemi. I do like the Ford's full crew cab, but the style has just plain worn on me. Also, the Cheby's new look is grossing me out more each day. Also, the Dodge is less expensive than the others.

Hey thunderalley400ex, isn't it an 8.1 in your Chevy HD? Might want to check under the hood on that one.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

Ford!

Old 02-21-2003, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Eh, Ford rules. My truck has never had a single problem in 115,000 miles except for a leak in the A/C system and I run it pretty hard, how can you help it when you have a 5 speed and an engine that only has power when you rev it out? Only problems with my truck is a back end that loves to slide or just let the tires spin, thats ford fault for making a truck with a back end a woman can pick up.

Quick Reply: Chevy or Ford??????