Old 02-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Default Chevy or Ford??????

Toyota....

Old 02-21-2003, 02:52 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two Chevy trucks right now.

I wouldn't buy a full size Chevy truck now. Oh I might if you payed me, but who designed the front of the 03 Chevy trucks? Someone must have been sick on the final day when the stamp was decided.

Gosh those 03's Chevs are ugly.

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Ford all the way!

First off: On the 427 cammer, ford got the shaft on this engine. They (NASCAR, the joke of racing) outlawed overhead cam engines due to this motor. This ford was turning over 100HP more than anything chevy or dodge could come up with. Still today OHC are illegal in NASCAR. I feel that if this engine was allowed to be ran, Ford would have had control of the musclecar era instead of GM. Instead, ford never really tried to mass produce an engine of this caliber, and also pretty much gave up on building a car for racing. I mean what was the use when you spend many dollars and time to make something more competetive just to have it disqualified because it is better than what other manufactures have came up with!

To anyone who says there are more old chevy trucks on the road that fords: Look at what they were used for. The fords are beat to he!! from being worked like trucks should be. Most chevys are better taken care of. Try finding a straight bed for a '79 ford. Good luck. Most aren't even worth repairing (I know, I have a 79 I am trying to redo). Late 70's chevy beds are pretty easy to find in good condition.

Here are the fords I own that run and are driveable:
'63 unibody. 292CI that has been rebuilt once in 40 years
'63 F-100 223CI I-6 that has not been touched
'68 F-100 360CI that was on the orginal engine until the oil pump went out 2 years ago. Over 120,000mi. It had a 521 stroker in it until 2 months ago.
'79 F-100 4X4 400CI Water froze in the orginal engine at 50,000mi. Used engine with 30,000 went into it. It now has 140,000 on the odometer
'96 F-350 4X4 with 118,000. Probably 40-50,000 of it is pulling a 24' gooseneck trailer

I am the only ford guy in my circle of friends. However, none of them can pull one of their prized old chevys out of a fence row and have it fired up in a matter of hours. I have done this with MANY fords. One of which is the 79 which my dad bought new. It got water in the gas and sit outside next to an old barn for almost 10 years. I pulled it up to the shop, poured gas in the tank and carb, then fired it up. After a little carb cleaner later, I took it down the road.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer
Old 02-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

03 chevy, Avalanche
66 chevy 3/4 stepside
89 chevy long bed
2002 jeep grand cheerokee
1990 jeep wrangler
1994 mustang converitable
2000 taurus
2001 mustang 5.0

3 chevy's
3 fords
2 jeeps
3 people

Old 02-21-2003, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Lets see considering I just had to get the Lemon Law on my last GM vehicle... I would have to say FORD all the way!!!!! Shoot I even had to change NASCAR driver this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'll take a
Fvckin'
Old
Rebuilt
Dodge
any day!

altho i did once upon a time own a totally sweet '68 Chevy Short-bed stepside. wife got run off the road and rolled it. she was ok but the truck couldn't be saved.

Old 02-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Range Rover

FORD #1

Old 02-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: PADZZ
DEMON DS again, you must not have heard the new Cummins. It is quieter than both the Duramaxipad and the PS 6.0. I'd know, I have a new Cummins, and have had it next to both. I actually wish it was a bit louder. People think it's 'just' a Hemi. I do like the Ford's full crew cab, but the style has just plain worn on me. Also, the Cheby's new look is grossing me out more each day. Also, the Dodge is less expensive than the others.

Hey thunderalley400ex, isn't it an 8.1 in your Chevy HD? Might want to check under the hood on that one.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/

I am not normally the type to argue but your DEAD wrong on this one. It may be quieter on the outside of the truck but not in the cab PERIOD!! There have been several tests done on this and Ford was not going to release a motor untill it was the most powerful Deisel out and the QUIETEST. It also had surpass all polution laws. The 6.0 is the most technologically advanced deisel out, why else do you think it costs over $10,000 to get one in a crate? This is not just another deisel motor. We have 3 guys at my dealership that are recording artist or studio owners and we have done the test ourselves with Db meters. The Ford is the quietest bar none. We did the test at idol and going up a 8% grade (Parleys canyon for those around UT) with a trailer weighing aproximatley 8700 pounds. at Idol all 3 trucks were pretty close but on the road and under load it wasnt even close. The ford was a full 10 db (67) quiter than the Cheby (77) and 8 quieter than the Dodge (75). All testes were done in 3/4 ton crew cab(if you can even call the Dodge that) Long beds with manual Trannys with no air running.

As for performance....well the Dodge reached the top 58 seconds slower than the Ford did and the Duramaxipad(I like that LOL) was 2 min. 10seconds slower. I will say this...all were faster( and quieter) than the 7.3 powerstroke. This is a very long and steep pass so the differences were easy to acknowledge. This was pulling our fulley enclosed car hauler with our dealerships race truck in it.

As for the Dodge being cheaper, yep it is, but you get what you pay for. Everyone knows though that isnt true when buying GM!! They arent worth the doctor bills from getting anti-nasea medicine from looking at Bowties. What were they thinking??? At least GMC is decent looking.

Again I want to stress that WE did these tests and it is not from magazines or anything else we have read. Our neighbor is a Dodge dealership that supplied the Dodge ( they were sure they were going to win Baaahahahahahaha) and the Dura. was a freinds of one of the mechanics truck.

Old 02-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

This all reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw:

"I would rather be stroked than rammed!"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Chevy or Ford??????