Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Edelbrock carb

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Edelbrock carb

Just wondering if anybody tried one yet for the Raptor? I got a decent price quote but I don't feel like being a guinea pig, money doesn't flow as well as I'd like in my family. I thought I saw a post where 14mins was talking about getting one?

Old 03-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Chimmer,

Haven't tried it but Raptor720 posted about it quite some time ago. Appears that it will increase bottom end but you will lose top-end. It could be a good setup for running mx tracks and woods. It would suk in the sand. Not sure how it would equate to hill climbing. I could see where you could pull a higher gear without bogging the engine.

Spend the money on a good snowblower and start cleaning up some trails so we can go riding in PA. I am about ready to get a snowmobile if this damn snow doesn't start melting.

/NotuRaptor

Old 03-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Speak of the devil. Check your email Jon!

Old 03-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys, I am a long time reader but a new member. I thought I would jump in and say that I have ordered my carb and it should be here Thursday 3/6. The reason I decided to get the carb is because my stock carbs will frequently cut out to where I can hardly keep the bike running. This especially happens if I just got on the gas hard. It will last sometimes for a couple days. We have been through that carb so much, I decided to just upgrade.

I talked with Rob Barnum at Barnums Pro about this carb and it turns out that he did the R&D for Edelbrock on this carb. He is the most knowledgable person I have found on this carb. He says that it is an incredible carb. They have them for $600 right now. I will let you guys know how works when I have a chance to test it.

I guess I will be the guinea pig on this one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Later

Old 03-05-2003, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Toyman, please post your results with the Edlebrock carb when you get fine tuned. I am very interested in getting one for the exact same reasons. I have made custom mods to the stock carbs & have them jetted near perfection. However, the bogging after jumps & quick elevation changes is still there & is inherent to the cv carb design. They are better left for the street bike & not for atvs!

The funny thing is, I talked to Barnum's Pro in December about it & they gave me a low low price of $600 that was just for me if I gave them good pr on the forums. Then I see 14mins got a quote of $550 from who? Now you say Barnums are selling them for $600 to anybody who wants one. I feel used, LOL...... Maybe I should ask them for a better discount?

Old 03-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah Chimmer, I will let you know. I am trying to plan a trip around the end of March or beginning of April.

The price of the carbs keep dropping. A few months ago, they were $770, then about a month ago they were $660, and when I called on Friday to purchase them (expecting to pay $660), and they were $600. If only I could wait another month or two, I might get them for $450-$500. I am not one to wait though.

Talk to you soon!

Old 03-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Toyman660R

about frigging time you got on the forum mister.....

Yeah let me know about the carb too even we will be camping at the same time.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

Hey desi,

I thought I might run into you out here. We missed you at Sand Lake. You were probably lucky you didn't go. The weather sucked and the sand was thrashed. How is the Raptor running now? As soon as I get this carb installed I think my next step might be a stage 1 cam. What do you think?

Also, Toad and I have been talking about a weekend trip before the April trip. Would you be interested?

Talk to you later.

Old 03-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

Toyman660R

Yea I would be interesting to go riding before the April trip more like toward end of March weekend like 21 or the 28. Just let me know.....

For stage 1 cam you will notice a little performance w/o piston upgrade.

Old 03-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Toyman660R,
Have you had a chance to install the new carb? I'm sure we are all ready for your report.

Thanks,
ba01raptoraz

Quick Reply: Raptor Edelbrock carb