Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Full Yoshi guys, what is your jetting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Yoshi guys, what is your jetting?

The hesitation on my went away when I went back to stock pilots 22.5
I run a Yoshi full exhaust also and use a GYT-R jet kit, K&N filter and have an EHS lid kit, and having played with my getting, doing countless plug chops, lid on lid off and even using a GPS to gauge speed changes it ran the best without the 25 pilot but with the stock 22.5 back in, the needle in the 3rd clip (ran out of time to check different slots) but played with the main jets and they are @160/165, I dont know if a larger main would be better my kit didnt go larger, but will be buying individuals soon and then test again the bike ran 77.9 MPH on the GPS with this setup and the plug is almost perfect, can someone else share there specs also because I think I have room for improvement in my jetting, also.

Old 03-24-2003, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

As far as the needle, stock, gytr or DJ? I had 25 pilots but when I put the EHS Lid back on I had to go back to the stock pilots. My plug also always looks rich. Should I get the GYT-R jet kit or just get the needles and mains???

Old 03-25-2003, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

I just ordered a full yoshi exhaust, kn pro flo, and the dyno jet kit. Do you think i should even try and install the dyno jet kit or should i return it? oh yeah i also ordered the ehs lid. everything should be here by the weekend.
thanks

Old 03-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Range Rover

I put my lid back on yesterday without the snorkle, and without drilling any holes. It seemed to run better, but I haven't had a chance to ride it to be sure. It will be worth it to me to lose a little power to gain back a crisp throttle.

Old 03-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

hey you guy's,

you need to run the GYT-R jet kit,25 pilot jets,needle on the 3rd groove,fuel mixture screw at 2 3/4 left,and the right at 2 1/2,i run with no lid ,perfect setup for 1000ft to 5000ft unless you ride in water,which i dont...(you can also change the jetting every 2000ft you change in alltittude but that's up to you)

did the trial and air already and that is the best setup,i dont know how you can tell the diffrence so quickley by a GPS but i rode mine in the sand and desert for my testing,and she pulls like a train..

I tried the dyno jet kit and i had problems ,put the gyt-r kit in and know it runs great,and make sure that you run you idle kind of high...

i am in the process of removing the whole airbox for more HP,the filter is going to get dirty no matter what and that just means you have to clean it more,or buy an extra one to replace the dirty one on your overnighters...

I always have people come up to me to ask what my jetting is because she puurrs like a kitten at idle and sounds solid when i am on the throttle...

Old 03-25-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

I just ordered a GYT-R jet kit to get rid of my dynojet kit, I run almost always under 1000FT and Have the EHS air box cover, You think you jetting specs would be the best for my situation like it is yours?

Old 03-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

you might want to run a little leaner considering you are below sea level,I usually will change the jetting if i go to glamis which is at a 1000ft or just under sea level....I am currentley running 160/165 so you might wan to go to 155/160 for your trial and error,and see how it runs.(It might be rich and stutter at the top end and then you can tell you are rich,so go down one more size..put a 150 in the left carb and a 155 in the right)

The other specs i gave you should be right on,and consider i have no lid and soon will be removing the whole airbox and will have to go up in jet sizes . and just a note my rappy hates the rain and if it's moist sometimes the engine will run a little funny.. I really dont ride in the damp conditions so if you do there might be a slight diffrence in performance..

Old 03-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: GYTR
I just ordered a full yoshi exhaust, kn pro flo, and the dyno jet kit. Do you think i should even try and install the dyno jet kit or should i return it? oh yeah i also ordered the ehs lid. everything should be here by the weekend.
thanks
Return it. Sorry DJ fans.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

I will try and return it. where can i get the gytr kit besides my local dealer.

Old 03-26-2003, 01:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: GYTR
I will try and return it. where can i get the gytr kit besides my local dealer.
An on-line yamaha dealer.

Quick Reply: Full Yoshi guys, what is your jetting?