Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Full Yoshi guys, what is your jetting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Yoshi guys, what is your jetting?

I had the problem with the 22.5 Pilot. That is why I went to a 25. It didn't go away.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Old 03-27-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

I looked into using a different slide cutaway but none were available for the oem carb. I tried modifying the stock ones with no luck. I even tried different slide spring rates with no luck. I just spoke with my riding buddy & potential business partner Mike from Raptortranny.com & we decided to either offer the info as a tech tip or we may even offer it as a jetting kit available on a different web site in the making....... Either way, I am sorry but I cannot divulge the specifics. Good luck, don't be afraid to try different things. I experimented for hundreds of hours & broke/wore out many parts before I got it right. If you can't figure it out, don't worry, it will be available some day.

Old 03-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

I am confused.

Are you saying this is a common problem and you have discovered a way to fix it, but only if someone is willing to pay for the info?

Old 03-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yep I think that is what he said, but if you send me some $$$$ and I'll make something up for you. Like if you take your vac port and drill it out to (can't tell ya) and then cut your slide spring down (can't tell ya). Make a couple of holes (can't tell ya) size in the down side of the throttle plate. Make sure your float is at (can't tell ya). Then the jets this has taken me days and days but (can't tell ya). But if you mess it up your screwed. So the one thing I can tell ya is (can't tell ya but good luck). Just having some fun I DNS. Can't wait to find out what he can't tell us.

Old 03-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Dfitz, I tried all those things you mentioned with no luck. Your are only a few steps behind me so keep thinking......

Old 03-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hey raptorrider660r did you get your gytr jet kit yet? I also ordered that. I also live in ohio. I was wondering if i would need to change my jetting? I have the yoshi full exhaust, kn pro flow, and the ehs lid but i have not installed the ehs lid yet i ordered the gytr kit also but have not recieved it yet. would we be close in elevation to run the same jetting? This id my first time doing anything like this my friend is going to help me change the jets if i need to.
thank you for any help you can give me

Old 03-31-2003, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I just got my GYTR jet kit at Norris Motorsports, I have not put it in yet. I am running the Dynojet kit now and tried many combos with it and it is never right. From the sounds of it the GYTR kit is alot better, I might even install the new jets tomorrow. I have the full Yosh exhaust, Foam ProFlow kit and the EHS cover. I am gonna start with GYTR main jet 155 and 160, the gytr needles on the 3rd clip from the top and the 25 pilots and 3 turns on the left fuel screw and 2 - 2 1/2 on the right carb. I think it will be very close if not just right. I have the dynojet kit very close but not right and any changes either way just throw it more off. I think it has alot to do with the lid off and even the EHS cover. Most say that the GYTR kit works great with no lid so I hope thats tru. I will let you know what I end up with for sure in the next few days! I am sure it will be a great place for you to start your jetting as well, only with the K&N you may want to try the 160/165 mains first. Good luck and I will get back to you...

Old 03-31-2003, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

more turns out on the rear brake side carb and less turns on the shifter side... You should be damn close with those settings.

Old 04-01-2003, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

OK let me know. I am expecting mine to come in tuesday or wednesday and will probably install it on the weekend.
thanks for your help

Old 04-01-2003, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

I am confused.

So to eliminate that short hesitation when you pin the throttle wide open you should:

Turn the gear shifter side carb idle jet one-half turn less than the brake pedal side carb?

Right now, I have mine set up with a 25 Idle Jet.

My gear shifter side carb is 2.5 turns out and my brake lever carb is 2.5 turns out.

How should I adjust them?

Please help???

Quick Reply: Full Yoshi guys, what is your jetting?