Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

? on oil change/reading/amount

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on oil change/reading/amount

o and btw, the reason i seem so overly concerned, uptight, and paranoid about this topic is because unlike many guys my age (17) mommy and daddy didnt buy me my raptor, they won pay for it when it breaks, and they wont buy me a new one when the guy next door has a faster one. I worked hard to get it and like everything i own, i take care of things to the best of my ability. Just thought i should add that in there.

so does anybody know how little much less oil u have to have below the ok line to actually do damage? How about how much over? thanks

Old 04-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

The way I ALWAYS check my oil in anything from my big bear to my truck is I just run it for a few muties and then shut it off and do something else for about 10 minutes and go back and check it 2-3 times and I usually always get the same reading

Old 04-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

does anyone know what the difference is in oil between the bottom line in the ok area and the top? Cause actually there is no definate amount. Theres a range. What amount of oil put you at the bottom line and what amount of oil pretty much tops u off. Where on the line does it go with the amount of oil u put? How much capacity do those two lines actually give u to work with? thanks

Old 04-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

alright, i guess this post is done? Thanks to all who helped and have fun riding as will I. Gnite, warrior86

Old 04-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Range Rover

hey did you try calling a local dealer and asking them?? They may have the answers...or at least a manual to help in the mess....

Old 04-09-2003, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider

no, i have the manual but its a bit confusing however nordy explained it to me. It just that when i followed it correctly i was low and when i put in what it said i should only need to put in when you split the cases i was pretty much perfect at 3/4 in the ok area. So im just a little confused. but o well, ill just have fun and ride. Like i said, no matter what the reading says, i know there was atleast two quarts in there and that should be enough to protect the engine and compponents.