Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BEST Sport Quad

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 01:24 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST Sport Quad

maddog56....thats why i said u cant have it all. Of course the raptors seat height has to be higher. Its jam packed in there. It has to be to have a motor like that. Im not sayin its gonna make a huge difference but of course a lower sear height makes a quad more stable. and like you said most quads are close in trails, but when it comes to sliding or tipping over, id rather slide. Im not saying i dont like the raptor. I love it but in the trails i would prefer a 400. All im sayin is in the trails the 400 has the handling advantage and if you run up on a straight the raptor has the advantage. All quads have there week places, like i said U CANT HAVE IT ALL..not in one quad. In a trail ride you cant use half the raptors power, and i mean the raptor doesnt actually smoke all other quads like most ppl say but theyre definatly amongst the most powerful. What else would you expect from a 660. The point is the Z400 was designed for trail and mx. When Yamaha made the raptor they had one thing in mind. Make a quad with extreme four stroke power. The only way your gonna really feel that power stand out above other quads is in a drag race. My brother got his because he drag races at a local track and he is very bias, but even he admitts he would rather have something in the 400 class to trail ride with.

Old 04-15-2003, 01:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default BEST Sport Quad

and im sure theres plenty of things to do to a Z to give it the power of a stock raptor. Thats one way you can almost have it all, but still never have the power of a raptor thats not stock.

Old 04-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default BEST Sport Quad

You can have it all...get the Predator. Best buy for the money. KFX is cool but feels like a toy coming off a Predator. Raptor looks awesome but why spend all that money to make it compete handling wise to a Predator. All are great bikes and I enjoy riding them all but if you want complete package don't be sceered...get the Predator

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2003, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer
Default BEST Sport Quad

The only way you are going to be tipping a quad all the time is if maybe you are an unexperienced rider. Some say the Raptor is tippy, well i for one don't think so, its all about throttle control and tire spin. Once you are used to a raptor, or anything for that matter., any small handling difficulties can be overcome with a little practice..in time with skill. With enough experience you can hop on about any quad and keep up with any other quad. So I guess basically... if you are unexperienced then you might want a quad with nice handling. But, hell what do i know... haha... I started out with a blaster and I rode that forever, I learned almost all of my techniques from riding that, so then when i switched to a Raptor, it fit like a glove. So im sayin the raptor is the best sport quad for me... its up to everyone else to figure out what is right for them.. before going out and buying one, take a lot of different ones for a spin, find a buddy with one, go to different dealerships.. see if you can test ride .... you get the picture... allrighty.. im out..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]