Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Magura Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magura Clutch

I just ordered a Magura Hydraulic Clutch for my Raptor and I was wondering what was involved in the wiring. I know you have to cut the wires that plug into the parking break for the rev limiter or something....I'm not worried about the parking break, i got a billet block off plate and I can definatly handle the clutch part but the wiring to make it a complete loop.....what do i do? some help maybe some pics, like the top one u do this and the bottom one you do this.....thanks alot guys!

Old 04-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Magura Clutch

follow the two wire harnesses
(on the raptor it leads behind the radiator) one harness simply unplugs,
the other has two wires that need to be unplugged (you can no remove the
entire essembly) take the harness with the two wires in it, and plug them
into one another.

Old 04-28-2003, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default Magura Clutch

you'll love that clutch, i have one myself..here is a review w/ pics and instructions for removing the old perch and the associated wiring harness, etc...

http://www.off-road.com/atv/projects...ura/index.html

make sure you keep that hose away from your head pipe..you might consider ordering their stainless hose kit..its like 50$ ..

Old 04-28-2003, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Magura Clutch

tanstaafl

Yea I know what you mean to make sure the hose away from the header. I burn mine few weeks as I forgot to put back on the cable holder....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

So I went ahead to order stainless hose from Rockymountain for 50 buck. That way I don't have to worry about getting the hose burn again.

Old 04-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer
Default Magura Clutch

yeah its worthwhile...did anyone else take some plastic off their starter/light switch to move the lever further out..i dremeled out a chuck to let that little adjuster wheel go past it..or did anyone else find a better solution???

Old 04-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Magura Clutch

ok so one of them u just uplug and leave it, can u cut it to make up for all that slack or jst zip tie it out of the way? Also which one to u JUST unplug? Then which one do u un plug from the harness, and ull have to cut the wire to wire those two together if their both in the same plastic plug, u wont have enough slack to wire them together.............?? Thanks Y'all

Old 04-29-2003, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer
Default Magura Clutch

errrrrrrr don't remember..one has 2 little connectors that you can unhook (this removes the switch and then you plug them together..the other, just cut that puppy off..i personally did it just on the switch side of the plugs so i could leave the water proof plugs together but not have any wire hanging off.

Old 04-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Magura Clutch

alright i looked at it and i got it. I also looked at where the cable runs and that could be a prob.....if you put it up against the engine, it could melt as well, and even if its held in by those cables router things on the engine it still kinda close to the headers.....will the engine melt it? and will the headers melt it if its that close? does it need to be routed another way? i dont have the money for the stainless right now.... maybe i could even take off that metal cover thing that is on the stock cable........?

Old 04-30-2003, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default Magura Clutch

nah it'll be fine..just make sure you don't have it actually touching the header ...try and squish that holder thing around it a bit with some plyers maybe..but it should be fine..if for some reason it DOES end up touching..well..it will melt..and then its time to get the stainless line [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Magura Clutch

yeah if it ever does touch ill have to get the stainless lines.... thanks y'all the clutch came yesterday and im gonna put it on friday......ill tell u how it went......

Quick Reply: Magura Clutch