General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

do indiana quads have titles

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do indiana quads have titles

Can some on please tell me if indiana quads have titles
I kno in ohio they have to have one

Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Your best bet is calling your local dmv office. Different states will have rules that may apply statewide, some just if you're on state owned property.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Here the titles for quad include Mr., Mrs., Miss., Sir, Madame, and General. Not sure about Indiana. I would also recommend checking out the Indiana Fish and Game website here: DNR: ATV/Snowmobile Registration

Sorry about the joking. Couldn't resist.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Here the titles for quad include Mr., Mrs., Miss., Sir, Madame, and General. Not sure about Indiana. I would also recommend checking out the Indiana Fish and Game website here: DNR: ATV/Snowmobile Registration

Sorry about the joking. Couldn't resist.
I'm guessing a lot of people see you and just call you sir.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:58 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx

or scream and run the other way

Old 09-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
You can call me about anything you want, but late to dinner.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by beergut
or scream and run the other way
Hey, I resemble that remark.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm not mistaken any quad you buy in Indiana new as of a few years ago will come with a title. They however do not have to be registered if they are used on private land and never see the road. Here's an example. I purchased my 07 sportsman used from an individual without a title but he did have all the receipts and paperwork in his name from when he purchased it new. That was nice to have for proof it wasn't stolen. But after purchasing it I had to register it with the state to obtain DNR registration stickers which gave me proof of ownership and the ability to use it on state grounds and county roads. If it was to never leave my property I'd do nothing. There are a few counties in Indiana that ATV's are not legal on roadways so be advised of that. Now with that said, Having a title may or may not be a good thing. In my case I had a bill of sale (from the first owner) and all the original paperwork which made it easy to get it registered in my name. So the state recognizes me and I'm legal. Now, if I had a title, I found out from a neighbor that I would be receiving a nice little tax form from the county for a luxury vehicle and also a wheel tax which is horse s#!t. Beings how a title will declare which county you live in, it's run through the BMV and the fact that they're always looking for a way to get more money out of you. If you buy a quad that has a title and plan to use it on the road or state ground I would try to get it registered through the DNR and forget about the title until a point that you were going to sell it. If the day comes that the BMV requires me to title my quad and pay wheel tax then I will most certainly lawyer up and require that the BMV issues me plates which make it legal for the use of my quad on any city street, suburb, highway et. that I choose.