1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Yamoto 150cc Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 07:37 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Yamoto 150cc Review

Almost forgot, on our last ride the wife left the e-brake on while riding and smoked the caliper seals. I emailed yamoto and tried to get replacement seals. They only sell a replacement brake system, every thing from the master cylinder to the caliper, hose, lever, etc.... Cost ??? $32.00 + shipping. Not bad huh ?

Old 10-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys are probably a lot smarter around tuning these things than I am. I have 2 - 150's. 1 runs like a charm. the other is loading up on gas and floods out. When it started the oil reservoir was full of fuel. I drained the oil flushed it with new oil then changed the oil and cleaned the plug. Its still running poorly. Where are the carburator adjustments and wich way should I adjust??? Any suggestions will be appreciated

Old 10-26-2004, 11:19 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

4wheelingfun, My wifes yamoto has done what you are describing 2 times. The first time I took the carb. apart and cleaned it, sprayed it with carb cleaner and blew all jets out with compressed air. After doing this it ran like a champ. The second time was last Sunday. I will be pulling it apart this weekend to clean carb again. I will report my sucess or failure next monday.

Just a quick note for those here who say you cant get part's for chinese quad's. Approx 3 1/2 weeks ago I ordered some part's for my ktm 400 exc and my wifes quad. As of now I am still waiting for 3 back ordered part's for my ktm. The Yamoto part's showed up last Saturday, FedEx.

Old 10-30-2004, 02:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

i just found out someone bought out the rights to all yamato products...does anyone know who that was...also how to contact them...thanks..we live in georgia.

Old 11-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

Has anyone come up with a solution to the yamoto 150 rear wheel spacers on the axels working loose and rattling, The wheel dosent seem to be loose but the noise is a pain.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2004, 10:18 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: DirtRidingMachines
i just found out someone bought out the rights to all yamato products...does anyone know who that was...also how to contact them...thanks..we live in georgia.
Yamoto has been officially been taken over by Patriot Motorcycle as of 10-29-04. It was announced in The Raceway ATV Forum. Check it out, it talk's about improvement's/higher price's.

Old 11-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer

Mandrake, Did you ever fix that rattling from the rear wheel spacers?I have 2 150's and am experienceing the same problem.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer

Problem fixed. I hated that rattling sound from the spacers. Not only that it was embarassing around other people I was driving with. It just sounded like the atv was rattling appart when it was just a flawed design that could have used a little more creative engineering.

What I did was simply put a few tack welds, welding the spacer to the sprocket mount (right side) and on the left side I welded the spacer to the brake disc mount. This in NO way affects the vehicle in preventing servicing, changing of sprockets, discs, wheels, axles, etc. It simply marries the spacer to the sprocket or brake disc mount as one piece. This is how it should be anyhow. If you look at some Suzukis or Yamaha's their spacers are also joined with the sprocket or disc mounts. They don't use welds though, they thread them to each other. In any case, this allows the spacers to do their job but remained fastened to the other moving parts that spin with the axle. The shrouds are now secured and do their job silently.

If you don't have a welder you can go to the hardware store and buy a pipe coupler to act as a sheath or "sleave" going over the two pieces. Any metal pipe that neatly fits will do. Now to join the spacer and the brake or sprocket mount, you drill and tap them with a cheap tap and die set to thread them. Do the same thing with the metal coulpler. Now that they're threaded, use the coupler which acts as a sheath joining the two parts - held together by 1 bolt going into the spacer and 1 bold going into the disc or sprocket mount, joining them as once piece. You don't even need to use a pipe as a "sheath" you can use a piece of strap steel acting as a plate to join the two items. After all, it doesn't have to be exceptionally strong - just joins them together.

One last and even simpler method is to get a neatly fitting pipe to fit as sheath over the joint of the two pieces and apply "JB Weld" ("cold weld epoxy) to join the two pieces. That too shoud be strong enough to keep them from rattling.

Old 11-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I have successfully broken a rear axel on my 150, Do any of you guys no where to get another axel? I've tried the Yamoto site's parts order form, but it didn't work its been a month now and no parts. i've tried emailing many times but no response. any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-09-2004, 05:37 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Battman, I have had good luck ordering thru the yamoto website. Much better quicker than getting part's for my KTM. Why dont you try Raceway ATV. John seem's like a very nice guy.

Quick Reply: Yamoto 150cc Review